We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in Jaipur - Oct 24-27

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
976 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights in Jaipur - Oct 24-27

My husband and I with our two sons (aged 8,5) are planning a trip to Jaipur for 4 nights from Oct 24-27.

The slightly complicating factor is that I'll be booking my flights with FF miles which are about to expire. So the flight timings I'm getting aren't so great. But deciding to make the most of it, this is what I've come up with so far. Please let me know if it seems feasible.

Oct 24, Wed - Dusshera. Fly in from Mumbai very early in the morning. Flight lands at around 7:30am. Have a pre-arranged car pick-up to take us to Samode Palace, outside Jaipur. Enjoy a heritage hotel experience. One of my sons is really keen on palaces, kings and soldiers from the past.

Hopefully enjoy the pool too. Am I correct in assuming, it won't be too cold for a swim?

Oct 25, Thurs. Leave Samode Palace. Using the same car and driver, drive to Amber Fort and Jaigarh Fort. Explore the area.

In the evening, drive into Jaipur City. Check into a hotel (nothing decided on this front yet). And let the car and driver go. Use public transport from then on.

Oct 26, Fri (Bakri Id) and Oct 27, Sat. See the Pink City, Hawa Mahal, City Palace and wander the bazaars for a bit.

Fly out on October 27, Sat at around 9pm.

Your thoughts and suggestions please. If you feel my planning is generally okay, I'll book the flights and then come back with more questions on where to stay in Jaipur and how best to spend our time there.

And please do let me know, whether the last week of October is usually still "swimming pool" weather. My kids really feel they miss out if they can't get into the pool at a hotel on vacation.

Thanks a lot.

On Edit: Just realised that it should read 4 days in Jaipur (not 4 nights).

Edited: 25 June 2012, 15:42
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,673 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights in Jaipur - Oct 24-27

Planned prefactly. It should not be that cold in day time and your children would be able to use pool. When in Jaipur you can add places like Birla mandir, Galta Ji, a movie at Rajmandir....etc.

deepak

Birmingham, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 nights in Jaipur - Oct 24-27

4 nights a is good amount of time for Jaipur as compared to one of the posters who wanted to spend 4 days for the whole of Rajasthan! Your plan looks good and october is a great time for Jaipur. I am just a little doubtful about temprature being favourable for the pool. Might be during the day as Deepak pointed!

Jaipur
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 nights in Jaipur - Oct 24-27

There are 16 monuments in jaipur , you can see all the monuments in 4 days. & if you want to see near jaipur side that is Samod Palace & also 150kms. away from jaipur pushkar a day return trip a holly place .

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
976 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 nights in Jaipur - Oct 24-27

Thanks a lot for the replies. I've booked the flights. I'll research the hotels a bit and come back here for advice on my shortlist. :)

5. Re: 4 nights in Jaipur - Oct 24-27

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 00:48