We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About one full day in Jaipur, itinerary help

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
About one full day in Jaipur, itinerary help

We are arriving in Jaipur from Ranthambore on Oct 22nd. Not sure of the exact time, but probably late afternoon, depending on if we do 1 more safari that morning (7:30-10:30am). If we don't do a safari that morning, we could be in Jaipur earlier than that, probably around 2pm. We then have all day Oct 23rd in Jaipur before taking the midnight train to Jaisalmer. Regarding that, will most hotels look after our luggage into the evening after we've checked out?

First let me say, I realize that 1 day or 1 day and a bit is not going to be enough time, but my only option would be to remove our one day from Ranthambore for an extra day in Jaipur and at this point in time, I don't think I want to do this. I think I would need some heavy coaxing for that , lol. :)

Anyway, what I need to know is, how much time do we need to visit Hawa Mahal? I'm hoping maybe we can see that the day we arrive .

Then on the 23rd, we'd like to see Amber Fort and City Palace for sure. Is Jargarh fort close to Amber fort? Would we have enough time to see all 3 of those places at a nice pace ( not too fast)? How much time is needed at each place?

Also is it best to hire a car and driver for that day? Or would a rickshaw driver be just as good? Due to time constraints, we really probably don't have time for shopping, or at least I would assume.

One last thing, if we do want to go shopping, our best bet would probably be in the evening. Are bazaars or shops open in the evening? Which would be the best/most reputable/honest ones?

Thank you all very much in advance!!

Edited: 26 January 2012, 13:44
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: About one full day in Jaipur, itinerary help

You are welcome Halilee, I am glad that I could help you out and I am sorry for the late reply.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: About one full day in Jaipur, itinerary help

Thank you all very much! I'm sure this will be a great help! Harsh J, not late at all.. thank you very much. :)

13. Re: About one full day in Jaipur, itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2013, 14:53