We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rajasthan with teens

WOLVEY UK
Level Contributor
341 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
rajasthan with teens

Hi,

Hoping you can help! travelling t o India in April 2012 with hubby and 2 teens (18 and 17) We are flying into Delhi and have worked out a rough timetable as follows:

Sat 1 Apri Arrive Delhi

Sun2 Apri Depart by train to Varanasi in late afternoon,

Mon 3 April Arrive Varanasi 09.38

Tues 4 April Depart by train 18.15 to Agra (we are restricted by train times here - next train departs for Agra on Thurs)

Weds 5 April Day in Agra Overnight Agra

Thurs 6 April Day in Agra Overnight Agra

Fri 7 April En route to Ranthambore stopping at Fatehpur Sikri night at Ranthmbore

Sat 8 April Ranthambore

Sun 9 April Sunday 9th April Ranthambore AM Depart for Jaipur Night at Jaipur

Monday 10th April Jaipur

Tuesday 11th April train to Jaisalmer Night at Jaisalmer

Wednesday 12th April Jalsalmer

Thursday 13th April Jaisalmer

Friday 14th April Depart for Delhi Delhi for night

Saturday 15th April Delhi

Sunday 16th April Depart for UK

My ideas really start unravelling at Jaipur and i have put in Jalsamer in as a time filler. So my question is : having two teens that would love to do some sort of camel /elephant trekking ,chilling out by pools,shopping at markets , people watching , soaking in local atmospheres would you recommend any of the above places to spend some extra time in? I have trawled reviews and come to the conclusion that Agra is not worth spending more than 1.5 days in. Any comments on the above welcome as I have not yet booked anything but the flights from Manchester.

Thanks!

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: rajasthan with teens

We have just returned from a similar trip with two teenager girls aged 17 and 19 .They loved it ! They loved Varansi for the people watching and photography. There are some bizarre sites there and 1 1/2 days probably isn't enough especially when you consider our train back to delhi was 5 hrs late (apparently this is common. try looking into other options for trains back .(see above post) Jaiselmer is also great .We stayed at a desert camp in little thatched huts and went on a camel safari .You can also sleep under the stars as well (did that when we were younger) but as someone mentioned it will be very hot in April so it might not be as enjoyable .You will have to look for hotels with pools as they seemed rare .We only stayed in 2 with pools ..but then again it wasn't our priority .As mentioned I would consider a car and driver for Rajisthan for several reasons .It's actually pretty economical .it is so much more stress free to have someone just waiting outside the hotel every morning than trying to get to the train station ..Also we were VERY careful with food etc but yet we all still got sick . I was so grateful to be in the car then where the girls could lie down and sleep if they felt like it ..And it was airconditioned . Markets were great in Jaiselmer and the fort is great at Jodphur. We stayed right in Connaught place in Delhi which I would recommend ..great for last minute gifts and close to Mcdonalds, Pizza Hut and KFC for the kids !

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: rajasthan with teens

Reduce a night in Agra. Add a night in Jaipur.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: rajasthan with teens

Is the camel safari worthwhile? I am booked on April 10 to have one which includes lunch. It doesn't sound like an early morning safari and Manjari said it will be 40 degrees. Would you advise to skip it altogether ? Do it elsewhere? Alternative tours for two 11 year old boys?

Thanks

Yana

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: rajasthan with teens

Hi Yana

See temperatures in Rajasthan at this link - wunderground.com/global/stations/42348.html

You could do an early morning safari and finish latest by 10 am

Have a great trip!

- Manjari

15. Re: rajasthan with teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2013, 15:52