We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rtdc Tours

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Rtdc Tours

Has anyone ever done this RTDC conducted tours ever? How is the tour like?Is the guide good enough?

Janu Private Tours
Day Trips, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive Pvt. Ltd.
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours, Multi-day Tours
Rajasthan Tour by Car and Driver
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Cultural Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Heritage India Private Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rtdc Tours

Very reliable..run by Govt of Rajasthan..see www.rtdc.in

Port-louis
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rtdc Tours

I would like to relate my experience of RTDC tour of Jaipur.

I arrived at the railway station at 8 am and asked to go on the 8 am half-day tour but the officer made a call and said that I would have to go on the 9 am tour (which is a full-day tour). I therefore booked the 11.30 am half-day tour plus the 18.30 evening tour with dinner. As my hotel was near the bus station, I asked to be picked up at the bus station and was told to be there at 11.15 am. My wait was going to be very long. I was told consistently that the bus would be there in 10 minutes. Finally the bus arrived at 12.40 because of the traffic, it seems, and we still had to pick up people at the railway station and another RTDC hotel. We only got going at 13.20 and the guide said we would do the whole program. This is what happened:

1. We did not visit the Albert Hall

2. At 18.15 we arrived at the Birla temple and the guide negotiated with a ricksaw driver and asked me and 2 chinese tourists to get in to go to the pick-up place so that I would not miss the evening tour. And we each paid 30 rupees - not a lot but the principle is not correct. So we did not get to visit the temple.

3. The bus was not air-con. To be fair, it was not mentioned anywhere that it was air-con but I had assumed it would be,

4. The guide spoke in Hindi 90% of the time. Almost all people in the bus were Indians, except the 2 chinese and me. It is understandable but the brochure does not mention this.

5. The guide did not seem to reduce the time allocated to each site to catch up the time lost (OK for some people) and also each time there was one or two persons who were not back in the bus on time by some 15 to 20 minutes.

I took the half-day tour mainly because it included Amber fort. In retrospect, I could have visited all the sites by myself and taken a rickshaw to visit Amber fort ( would have cost me same as the tour) . As the bus was not air-con and the guide rarely spoke English, I might as well have visited things on my own.

In summary, the tour is geared more for Indian tourists. For non-hindi speakers and for those fussy about time schedules, this is not the best option.

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rtdc Tours

very sorry to say but you should had known about rtdc tours and there services , if our govt . Employees would have had worked better and give there best , THEN india become a very nice ,clean country , we hope one day ....

anyway , thanks for posting .

Jaipur
Level Contributor
693 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rtdc Tours

I personally will not opt for govt tours anywhere.

Pvt Tours are always better organized and leave a better impression! Jaipur is not very complicated and can be easily covered on your own by hiring a car and chauffeur! Here are some DO It YOURSELF ITINERARIES:

…blogspot.com/search/…201day

…blogspot.com/search/…20days

…blogspot.com/search/…20days

For any further questions feel free to post here.

Always happy to help!

Thanks

Anuroopa

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
774 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rtdc Tours

hi.

in journal its good choice to choose RTDC [ govet run ] city tour in group by bus.but if u r looking more better then choose your own tour by hiring a taxi-car and chauffeur,it will be much better then rtdc tour.

have a great time in jaipur.

vijay.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rtdc Tours

choosing things just because it is govt. run may not be right choice. for place like jaipur there are many options. if you are more than 2 people, i will suggest that you take your own taxi. so that everything will be at your choice, how much time to spend in each place.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rtdc Tours

Thank you very much for your amazing inputs....i know now just what to chose....almost finalized the car deal also...thanks again :)

8. Re: Rtdc Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 20:49