We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips around Jaipur

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips around Jaipur

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a day trip for sights/cities around Jaipur, let's say no more than 2 hrs away.

Thanks!

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,796 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips around Jaipur

You can do Ajmer/Pushkar from Jaipur. Distance is 135 kms, 2.5 hrs drive time.

Edited: 07 July 2011, 13:11
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips around Jaipur

agreed with Ashis. start early morning from jaipur and stopping at the world's famous sufi sharine at Ajmer and than visiting the only Bramaha temple at Pushkar. you may enjoy the sun set at beautiful sen set cafe side.

though couple of hundreds Km away Mandawa could be of cultural practice day and get to visit the most beautiful small mensions and observe the best heritage cultural.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
690 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips around Jaipur

Try Abhaneri- a small town village, situated at a distance of 95 km from Jaipur, on Jaipur-Agra road. The place is popular for the amazing 'Baoris' (step wells) and Harshat Mata Temple.

If you want something that's off the beaten path. Try Bhangarh. The excavated city of Bhangarh was built in the 17th century by Madho Singh and has the legend of being haunted. chk: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhangarh

For more on day excursions from jaipur visit: http://thejaipurguide.blogspot.com/

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips around Jaipur

I would recommend Ajmer/Pushkar & Mandawa as deserving overnight stays and not really day trips

Samode, Sariska, Ramgarh, Bhangarh, Abhaneri would be nice day excursions if you have already exhausted the long list of close by attractions like Jaigarh/Nahargarh (the the elephant safari with Dera Amer), Galta, Sanganer.

5. Re: Day trips around Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 15:05
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
402 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trips around Jaipur

Hi there,

Already good information posted by ashis & npjai For the day trip you could visit Ajmer/Pushkar.

Enjoy your trip

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trips around Jaipur

Hi

I am back from rajasthan trip - I will recommend Mandawa

Pushkar from my experience of all my trips in india really not good - any spirituality too much business oriented and even local,people very aggressive

I will not recommend ...

Perhaps Samod I was not there not enough time ...

enjoy

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trips around Jaipur

Thanks SaraKelly. What did you like about Mandawa most?

Jaipur
Level Contributor
690 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trips around Jaipur

I agree with Sarakelly- Pushkar is worth it only during the fair or if you want to stay the night at Ananta resort.

Mandawa is a small town in the shekhawati region and has some really nice rajasthani buildings (havelis).

For Pictures of a few havelis: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:0055_mandawa.jpg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Haveli_mandawa.jpg

There are 2 awesome resorts in mandawa, Hotel castle Mandawa and Desert Resort Mandawa.

mandawahotels.com/castlemandawa_intro.shtml

mandawahotels.com/desertresort_intro.shtml

Thanks

Anuroopa

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trips around Jaipur

Hi

mandawa is wonderful about architecture should be at Unesco heritage

We stayed at Mandawa heritage hotel it is worth to spend one night and only one day visit as it is really small village

i am sure you will enjoy

if you need a great driver very professional let me know

Cordially