We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

Dallas
Level Contributor
251 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

Hi,

We want to to do visit Jaipur, Udaipur and Puskar from Delhi during our visit to India in March 2010. I am guessing 5 days will be enough to cover these 3 cities.

I am looking for a tour agency (preferably based in Delhi) who can provide 1) 5 or 4 Star accommodation 2) A/C Car with English speaking guide at appropriate places. The pick and drop-off MUST be from Delhi. 3) Must take VISA. 4) Preferably, used in the past or currently, by the tripadvisor.com members.

Thanks a LOT

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

Hi VicTexas

We went to India last year, our sixth visit to this wonderful country, and covered a couple of the places you mention. We used a tour agency called Icon India Tours. We found them to be really reliable, really caring and I felt they really listened to my requests. We've used over 60 tour operators over the years, and Icon India Tours was certainly one of the best. We got exactly the type of hotels we wanted, the driver was really excellent and spoke good English, the car was A/C and the price was very competitive. Give them a try, I am sure you won't regret it.

Here's some pictures from the trip if you're interested:

www.facebook.com/album.php…

They've got a really good website and will answer your queries quickly and efficiently.

Enjoy India, we always do. Can't wait to go back (with Icon India Tours of course) NEXT YEAR.

http://www.iconindiatours.com/

Dallas
Level Contributor
251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

Hello David,

Thanks a LOT for your reply.

I saw all the photos. I have NO clue how did the driver manage to pack so many kids and 3-4 adults in such a small car. I really admired his driving skills - though, I may would have been little scared.

I will certainly contact them and mentioned your name as a reference.

Take care................

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

There are many references in tripadviser about the tour you are looking for,

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

We used TGS Tours and Travels, who were excellent and competitive.

I would question why you have put Pushkar into such a short itinerary. In my opinion it is not worth a visit unless you are spending more that 2 weeks in Rajasthan. Go to Jodhpur instead or stay a night in Ranakpur on route to Udaipur.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

Hi VicTexas2009,

Leaving India without seeing the TAJ. That is certainly most beautifull building in the world so include a visit to Agra to see the TAJ.You can look at the IATO (indian association of tour operators) or RATO to get quote from 2-3 tour operators.

Thanks,

deepak

Edited: 12 January 2010, 18:47
Dallas
Level Contributor
251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

I REALLY want to THANK ALL OF YOU from bottom of my heart.

Ciao ........

Delhi
Level Contributor
726 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

Hi. Makemytrip.com is an online travel agent which is quite reliable. They also have a call center.

All their packages are available on the website and they also customise them for you.

I have used them and faced no problems.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

You can get tour suggestions and quotes from Rajasthan Association of Tour Operator members thru the website query form at www.ratorajasthan.org

Dallas
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

My wife and I got back from a ten day trip to India January 19. We used a company named Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive to handle airport transfers, purchase internal air travel, book hotels, provide local guides and provide a car and driver for six days touring by car in Rajasthan. We could not be more happy with their service. Although they are based in Rajasthan, they provided us service in New Delh, Agra and Mumbai as well. Our driver, Pintu Singh was great.

Kent McCully, 214 365-7944.

Kmccully@sbcglobal.net

Dallas
Level Contributor
251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Tour Agency to provide complete package.

Hello All,

Thanks a LOT for your VERY helpful responses.

Regarding Agra, I have seen previously. This year, we are planning Jaipur, Udaipur and surroundings. Next year, in November, we will do Jaiselmer, Pushkar (the camel fair), bikaner, Ajmer Etc. Etc.

And guess .....where will I turn for advice ..............no second guessing there ...............of course you folks at this wonderful site WHO ELSE ?

Take care.........