We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Topic
dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

hi guys !! could any one tell me when are there going to dry days in Mumbai, during the lok sabha elections between, voting dates of 7th April 2014 to 12th May 2014 and counting date of 16th May 2014 and also announcement date of 1st June 2014.

Would really appreciate it if anyone to take the time out and check with their trusted sources !

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,478 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

Hi !

Normally 48 hours prior to conclusion of polls (this time the evening on 24th April 2014 in Mumbai) and the day of counting (this time 16th May 2014) are declared dry. Notification still has no been issued.

Let's wait.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

Hey rthyap,

24th April 2014 is the poll date for mumbai. That day definitely it will be a dry day. Not sure if it will be declared from 22nd April till 24th april. I have one function that day. Lets hope for the best :)

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

@carlinkmumbai:

Selling is prohibited!!

What if there is a function and host has arranged it . Is it safe that day I mean on 24th April evening after 7pm when voting is over?

Anyone else has info plz post in this forum.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 16:06
Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,478 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

I remember during last assembly elections, 13th October was the Polling Day. The Dry Days .. Dry Period started @ 17:00 hrs on 11th and was concluded after closing hours of polling on 13th. Evening the shops and bars were open.

Cheers

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

Cool so lets hope 24th evening it will be open. Even if not open it should allowed :)

check this out..strict laws in J&K for this times lok sabha election:

…webindia123.com/news/…1206762.html

Gwa, Myanmar
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

Dear friends i have already planned n booked my tickets n hotel at bandra in Mumbai from 23 to 26 April for travel in Mumbai. Today election date declared in Mumbai on 24. Please clarify that tourist places n restaurant will be closed completely or some of will be opened on that day as one two years old child will also be with me. Kindly guide me for the same because 24 will be middle date in my trip. Please suggest me suitably.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,478 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

Hi !

Nothing will be closed except that Alcohol will not be sold in shops and served in the bars.

All restaurants and hotels will be open as usual.

CarLink

Mauritius
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

Hello

I will also be traveling to Mumbai from 20th till 25th April. I was planning to go to elephanta caves and high street phoenix on that day.

Will the places be opened on that day? Help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,478 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

Hi !

On the election day .. 24th April 2014, all Government Offices, Banks, educational institutions and most private offices will be closed. Most commercial activities, including restaurants, hotels, malls, transportation etc will operate as usual.

Alcohol will not be available in Bars and Liquor Shops for 48 hours from the evening of 22nd till the evening of 24th. You can purchase in advance from a liquor shop and consume in your hotel room.

You could take a round of election booths in the vicinity and experience the largest democracy in the world going to polls. You will not be allowed to enter any of the booth though.

Welcome to Mumbai.

CarLink

New Delhi, India
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: dry days on lok sabha election dates 2014 in mumbai

Today, 16 May 2014 is a Dry Day due to Gerenal Elections result. A complete list of Dry Day's in India and Delhi is available at ThekaService.com :)

http://thekaservice.com/dryday/

Edited: 16 May 2014, 09:40