We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

gwalior
2 posts
Save Topic
Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

I am travelling from Muscat to mumbai, it will be arrived on 4:10 am at Mumbai Airport Terminal 2 and then from Mumbai Airport Terminal 1B I have to take another flight to bhopal on 5:45 am. Could anyone let me know it is enough time to reach from terminal 2 to terminal 1B with all baggage.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

No, the time is not enough. You should change your domestic flight.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

Hello gaurav,

It would be a hush - hush movement and if a little thing goes wrong you may miss the domestic flight.

Although both Terminal 2 & Terminal 1B are interconnected from air side and the airports authority have internal coach to transfer on going passenger with valid onward ticket which you have one so will be able to put to use one.But the time involved in Customs/immigration and luggage retrieval and transition time from 2 to 1 B and by the time you get the coach as runs every 20/30 minutes interval.So if you have through check-in baggage onward till your domestic destination still it would be a nick in time situation even if you take the land side road by taxi cutting wait time for internal coach.

Further the domestic flight closes counter before 45 minutes of flight departure.So unless everything falls straight which may not you change to a flight 60/75 mins.later than 5:45 am. so can achieve it easily.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

You are pushing it, unless you are travelling through with the same Indian airline.

I arrived Mumbia international last Wednesday morning at 8am, to clear the aircraft, immigration, collect baggage and customs, took almost 45 minutes, allowing another 15 minutes for the shuttle to domestic terminal, you won't have much time to check in.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

You need to change either one of the flights so that you have at least four hours in between the two flights. You will need at least one hour from the time you land for the arrival, immigration, baggage claim and customs. Then go to the internal gate from where you can get the inter terminal free coach to the domestic terminal. It leaves at every 15-30 minutes depending on the rush of passengers and availability of coaches. This will take up about 30-45 minutes including the travel time of about 20 minutes. After you reach the domestic terminal you will need at least one and a half hours before your departure time to keep a safe buffer and to avoid missing your flight due to long queues at the check in counter. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Aadil.

gwalior
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

Thanks for your valuable reply.

goa
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

hi i need ur assistance............

please tell me i have a flight from Goa to dubai ok

first of all its an indirect flight from goa ro bombay and then bombay to dubai...

jet airways morning 7.30 to 8.30 am (goa to bombay)

12.00 pm to 3 pm to dubai

terminal ib to 2-----------

can any one tell me what si the procedure stating from goa..........

1. whether i need to enter domestic or international departure

2. how about luggages at bombay whether it will go automatically in the other flight jet airways..

3. distance from 1B to 2 how much??/

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,546 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

Hi there,

Easy to make, as it's 3:30 hours in between. Your luggage will go automatically to Dubai, no need to see it in Mumbai. Use the shuttlebus between 1B (domestic) and 2 (International), you catch it from the exit of the luggage collection area of 1 B terminal (Don't leave that area through normal exit, then you're not allowed inside anymore to get that free bus).

All the best,

<Erik>

Chennai, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

Where to find the free shuttle bus service to go to Terminal 1B from Terminal 2?

Can some one explain please ?Thanks in advance.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,546 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

These are AFIK consistently at a door of the luggage collection hall. So in your case after walking through this hall and having collected luggage and passed customs (and possibly handed over luggage again to staff if the onward domestic flight is on same ticket and already labeled to domestic destination), follow the sign 'domestic transfers' and not the sign 'exit'.

All the best,

<Erik>

Stoke Poges, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Distance between Mumbai airport Terminal 2 and Terminal 1B.

Hi can any one tell me if l have to collect my checked luggage at Mumbai on a international flight from London changeing to a domestic flight onwards to Trivandrum, l think its a terminal 2 arrival and terminal 1 departure with a 3.1/2 hour stopover, will this be a messy tranfer?. Thanks.