We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sherwani shopping for groom

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Sherwani shopping for groom

I will be in Mumbai to shop for my wedding attire and trousseau next week, and have a rough idea on where to shop for my outfits, based on the past posts on this forum. However, I am not very sure of where is the best area to shop for the Groom's sherwani. Are the any good options available in Santa Cruz area? Otherwise, any other recommended areas for me to visit for this?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
585 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sherwani shopping for groom

Santacruz has many options - Manyavar, Kora. Besides Juhu has Options, Millionaire and a couple of designer stores on Juhu Tara road. There are also 3-4 stores opposite SNDT College.

All these stores are located at a short distance from each other (within 3-4 km max from each other).

Happy Shopping !!!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sherwani shopping for groom

Dear Saneguy,

Thank you for your reply. If possible could you please name me some designer boutiques located in Juhu? I am interested to visit Aza, Abu Sandeep, Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis and the likes to get ideas but am not sure if they have stores located in Juhu. Also, are all boutiques clustered in the same area ,making it possible to walk from 1 boutique to the other? I am assuming Juhu Tara Road is where everything is located, please let me know if this is correct.

Many thanks

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sherwani shopping for groom

Hello First_timer,

Yes there are many on the Juhu Tara Road Abu Sandeep, Satya Paul,Kimaya,Ritu Kumar and some others. You can walk to some.

For others on your list and more are near by at short distance some on Gulmohar Rd.A.B.Nair Rd. JVPD scheme all in Juhu area and will have to take a taxi/ auto.(although may be walk able if you love to).

But some others from the list and more are in Bandra,Khar and Santa Cruz(Linking road) some walk able from one another and some again by taxi/auto.

So make a list of designer and Google it out for the address in the above areas and plan your visit.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sherwani shopping for groom

Hi Gini,

Thank you for your reply. As I searched on this forum further, I also noted that South Mumbai seems to be a popular recommendation for wedding shopping. May I please ask how far is the distance from Marine Lines to Colaba? Is it a walking distance away? If not, then what is the best mode of transportation to get there? Also, is Breach Candy in Colaba? I would love to see the collections in Benzer.

Thank you

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sherwani shopping for groom

Hello First_timer_4,

It is approx, 2 kms from Marine lines to Colaba.It is walk able yet one tends to use a vehicleas may be bit tiring after long day shopping. The B&Y flagged taxi is the best mode to reach Colaba from Marine Lines.

No Breach Candy is not in Colaba but approx. 6 Kms from Colaba & approx 4kms from Marine Lines nearer to Mahalaxmi Temple.You can take a bus from Colaba or Marine Lines or the Taxi would be best transport.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sherwani shopping for groom

Hi Gini

Thanks again for the info. Besides Benzer, are there also many more boutiques located in the Breach Candy area?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
585 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sherwani shopping for groom

I would recommend Tellon at Breach Candy. It has a very good collection of Indian wear. Have always found something unique there.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,096 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sherwani shopping for groom

So basically, you want to pay a lot of money? :)

There are much cheaper options, you know? And no one will know the difference.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sherwani shopping for groom

Hi Deepa

Would you mind naming me more options, other than Seasons,Friendship, Bawree in Santa Cruz West? I would like to keep my options open and pick the best than I can get, therefore I would need more store names so I can have a good look at the variety before I make my final pick.

Thank you

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,096 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sherwani shopping for groom

Check out the less upscale markets - I suggest Gandhi Market. Then you can see what the less expensive stuff costs. Then if you still want the more expensive stuff you can head to the designer stuff.

I also suggest you see Matunga and Dadar.