We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Mumbai

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Mumbai

I am going to accompany my husband on a business trip to Mumbai. I will want to do some of the sights while he is working.He has given me the choice between the Oberoi or Taj Lands End. Whilst the Taj gets a great write up (great service etc) I'm wondering if the Oberoi might be more convenient for the tourist spots. Maybe this is not an issue since the distance is not too far, but I am aware that in busy cities a small distance can mean a lot of time, depending on the traffic. What are your thoughts? thks

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Mumbai

Actually now realised the Oberoi is great as well, so what is the attraction with the Taj Lands End?

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Mumbai

Hello TurnerHK,

Both are at good location, both have excellent view of the sea as both are just besides the sea ,good ambiance,service,food.

The only advantage is the view of The Sea Link from some of the rooms from The Taj Lands End.Whereas from The Oberoi you have the view of The Queen's Necklace( Marine Drive when lit up at Night) but it has proximity to many tourist sites as all are mainly concentrate on south end of Mumbai where this hotel is situated and from The Taj Lands End the drive time to the tourist sites would be more as traffic snarls most of the hours.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,517 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Mumbai

TurberHK,

I'd advise you to opt for Oberoi. Its in a great location with the major sight-seeing places almost walking distance or a short cab ride away. Lots of shopping and dining options close by too.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Mumbai

Hello TurnerHK,

Just to add to my post #1.

The Taj Lands End is closer to the International & Domestic Airport and if you like to visit the Happenings place at night than it is close to this places as most are in Bandra & Juhu which is closer to this hotel.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Mumbai

Hello TurnerHK,

Correction Read post # 2 instead of 1.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Mumbai

If you want to experience the Taj hotels in South Mumbai you have the Taj Mahal Palace and Towers in South Mumbai as well as the Vivanta by Taj (erstwhile Taj President) at Cuffe Parade which also have lovely sea views. The Taj at Apollo Bunder has the Gateway of India just opposite the hotel and the marina and the harbour just next to it. The prices in both these hotels are not very different than that of the Taj Land's End.

Most of the sights are in South Mumbai so it is best to stay in this part of the city rather than in the suburbs but like GINI1409 said the eating and happening spots in the Bandra area are better accessible from the Taj Land's End and both the airports are nearer too.

Cheers,

Aadil.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Mumbai

Thank you all very much for your information.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Mumbai

The Oberoi would be more convenient for certain. The National Centre for Performing Arts is a short walk away. You could stroll down to the High Court and University complex. The Museum,Gateway of India, are close too.The Oberoi has a shopping arcade with more shops than at Lands End. The Sea Lounge at The Taj Mahal Hotel worth a pause over tea. Joy Shoes and Rasulbhai Adamjee ( next to Colaba Police Station) popular with overseas visitors.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Mumbai

The Oberoi would be my choice, the hotel is beautiful and it's a legend in Mumbai.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
113 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Mumbai

Oberoi is definitely better for tourist spots while Taj is in the suburbs