We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai December

UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Mumbai December

Can anyone help me please. We are thinking about a trip to Mumbai / Goa in December 1/ Is this a good time to visit 2/ Is there a problem with fly's at this time. Thank You Sandra.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai December

Hi Sandra,

1. Yes its a great time to visit. You need to get your bookings sorted soon though because Dec is peak time in both the places and hotels/flights etc get booked up real fast.

2. I'm not sure what are fly's?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai December

1. As suggested, it is probably best time to visit Goa & Mumbai.

2. I am assuming that you are concerned about flights during this time of year. Well, flights get affected in north of India due to foggy weather conditions. Western India including Mumbai & Goa are not really affected. Could be a problem if you are flying from Delhi....

Best,

Ashish

3. Re: Mumbai December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 January 2013, 14:05
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mumbai December

Hello Sandra

The answer to your point 1 is Yes. The best time as the weather is pleasant & also touristic season so peak season rush travel, bookings, The point 2 you mean fly the insects ? If so not at that time of the season except if you near to very marshy place.

Edited: 19 August 2012, 10:23
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mumbai December

Dec/Jan is a busy period in Mumbai, with a lot of overesea's visitors, if staying Christmas & New Year would suggest you stay in Goa that period, as the cost of staying in Mumbai for this period is quite expensive, Mumbai prices for tourists compare well with London prices, ie good hotels, alcohol etc.

UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mumbai December

Thank you to you all very helpful. Why am i nervous about visiting India ? One more question to you all is it safe I am not travelling alone i will be with my husband . Thank You.

7. Re: Mumbai December

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2012, 17:29
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
113 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mumbai December

Very good time to visit both these places but since it is season time, prepare to shell out 2 times the costs for accommodation in both the places

9. Re: Mumbai December

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 15:47