We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

need some advice on best stand to sit in for the test in November 2012 - understand it will be a little cooler so don't mind a bit of sunshine!! Where's best to sit and get tix from?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

Which stadium are you talking about? Is it the Wankhade Stadium? Not that I can answer your question but maybe someone else can so it'll be nice if they have more details.....

For the tickets you can check whether www.bookmyshow.com is selling them. Also, please know that although Nov will be cooler, it will still be quite hot and humid during day time.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

It does not really matter what stand you book, you get a good view from all stands, I tend to book the Sachin Tendelka stand when I watch the IPL, this backs onto the Railway tracks, but faces direct sun shine for most of the day, it tends to be the cheapest of the stands.

Think you might be surprised how warm it will be, it will still be in the late 20's with not a lot of shade, as the stadium is right on the coast line, and gets the sun all day. You will need some clothing and a good hat.

Tickets packages for the 5 days will be on sale from the end of Aug.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
24 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

1st of all, Mumbai is not gonna be very cool in November during the day..It is quite humid..So I am not very sure you'll want the sunshine.

As it is, all stands at Wankhede Stadium are covered and with all the buildings surrounding the stadium, it gets a bit stuffy.

You get a very good view & young, enthusiastic college-going crowds at the Sachin Tendulkar Stand (formerly known as North Stand). If you are ready to spend more and prefer quieter surroundings, go for the Garware Pavilion which is exactly opposite Sachin Tendulkar Stand, so it has a similar view.

Edited: 31 July 2012, 20:22
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

If you want to be located with the english crowd, you need to register with the English Cricket Board, they will guarantee your tickets.

Have just checked and it looks like the Marahastra Cricket Board, who are running the event, will not be selling day, tickets, so if you want a package for the Indiam supporters stands, you will have to buy a five day ticket..... This is normal for test matches here, hence normally only stands sold out when the Indians are batting.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

I'd say stick with the Garware Pavilion (Upper Deck or Lower). Great views from both places. Facilities (like food, water etc) are better in this part of the stadium. I've sat at both the Garware Pavilion and Sachin Tendulkar Stand (North Stand) and find the Garware Pavilion to be better.

Tickets will be available closer to the test match. In the past I havent seen the tickets being easily available online for test matches. Bookmyshow has typically been selling the IPL tickets. But I guess let us wait and watch. They may start retailing the test match tickets as well. Also going by the past experience - test match tickets in Mumbai are usually available even on the day of the match.

Eastbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

thanks great help - stadium looks great - i like the viewing angle from the Garware Pavilion but both stands look good. Is one stand in more shade than the other? Would prefer a bit of shade in the morning and some sunshine for the afternoon! Any ideas?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

Garware, for sure. Better crowd, better facilities. However, views from the lower deck are pretty bad, particularly due to the fence. Get the Upper Deck if you have a choice.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
113 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

Go for North Stand as it gives great value for money

9. Re: Mumbai Test Match Tickets November 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 05:47