We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Mumbai

florida
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Mumbai

I thought I should start my own thread so Hi,

Sorry I don't know how to start a new thread so. I am going to Mumbai in June 2013. I have been there before even more than once but still feel I don't know too much since others are always taking me places and I am never on my own. I will be in Mumbai for about 2 months. Since I don't want to travel outside Mumbai I am interesting in doing things only in Mumbai. What I am looking for is something a tourist can do to help pass time. My husband will be on business. I want a yoga class, cooking class stuff like that. I cannot go someplace that is a formal class because sometimes I will be nearby and somedays I will not. It can be any type of class art, exercise etc. I am a woman and an American so I have to be careful where I go. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I might repost if I am totally in the wrong place. THANKS AGAIN.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Things to do in Mumbai

Hello elegantgem55

Correction to my post # 8 & 10 Please read the para

"kdham is a lovely building facing the sea. It is the bungalow after the tarapore aquarium .

To get there by train. You can walk it from churchgate Or take a train if you are coming from andheri . Get down and cross the 2nd bridge from the churchgate end to the right (when you come from andheri and left if you are arriving from churchgate). "

Read now as :

To get by train at kdham you can alight either at Charni Road railway station West cross the 2nd foot over bridge from the Churchgate end to the right (when you come from Mahim/Dadar and left if you are arriving from Churchgate). or Marine Lines West railway station and cross the last footover bridge in the other direction of your train arrival from the Churchgate end to the right (when you come from Mahim/ Dadar and left if you are arriving from Churchgate) railway station and just 3mins walk from either of the station will take you to kdham

Sorry for mix up on railway stations.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Things to do in Mumbai

Hello elegantgem55

This may be of interest to you starting end Oct 2012/Nov 2012

The Third Mumbai International Literary Festival will be held at NCPA between 31 October - 4 November 2012

Also, The14th Mumbai Film Festival to be screened at multiple theatres between18 - 25 November 2012

Until then…

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Things to do in Mumbai

cnngo.com/mumbai/play/mumbai-city-essentials… is the link I was trying to share.

Mumbai...
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Things to do in Mumbai

if you are going mumbai and looking for cooking classes & Party food in packages you can contact Shehla Bedi - 0993048979 / 09619310999, i totally recommend everyone for the quality & services they provide... chocolates & cup cakes were the best i ever had for my party... cheers

15. Re: Things to do in Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 20:48