We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

Darwin
3 posts
Save Topic
Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

I am going to visit India.I have an ipad3.where can I purchase a micro sim and what company would give me widespread access around India?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

Are you visiting Mumbai? If so, where will you be staying? Vodafone has pretty good coverage in India.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

Before go with Vodafone , Plz ensure to get the confirmation from them about to get prompt 3G services becoz they assure 3G but they are providing maximum 2G. I am personally suffering right now with my iPhone 4. Even I sent lot of Mail, no reply from them.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

Before go with Vodafone , Plz ensure to get the confirmation from them about to get prompt 3G services becoz they assure 3G but they are providing maximum 2G. I am personally suffering right now with my iPhone 4. Even I sent lot of Mail, no reply from them.

Toronto
Level Contributor
362 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

I did this exact same thing on trip in march but arrived Delhi and I was mostly in Rajasthan

I used airtel and they were very good

Take 2 passport photos and copy of passport. Make sure iPad is not locked.

You will be good to go.

The airtel booth at Delhi airport did it all within 5 to 10 mins

I would think there will be a similar booth in Mumbai

Anyway I was told airtel has the best coverage in ndia but honestly not certain re mmbai

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

I use a Vodafone 3G micro sim for my ipad and it works perfectly in Mumbai. I switched from MTNL which was horrible.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

Hi....

Micro SIMs would be available across the counter in all shops. You need to specifically ask for a Micro SIM. If you are looking at 3G Networks, I would rate Airtel a tad above. I happen to use both Vodafone and Airtel, but the latter seems to be performing better, as I have difficulties with the Voda network in most places which are away from the cities. If your travel is restricted to major cities, then Vodafone would do, else consider Airtel.

Regards

Prasanna

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
52 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

3G in India really unreliable while roaming. Vodafone has best coverage in Mumbai and around .but guess Airtel has a shop at airport both r good enough

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

I used Aircell in Chennai and it was fine. They have good packages.

Bombay
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

i recommend not getting a sim from local telco's yourself because the process of providing ID's to them and then making sure its activated can be very painful. if you have a friend who can do it for you then ask them to make the arrangements.

i have had trouble and i am a local

10. Re: Ipad3 micro sim for use in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 10:49