We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MTDC sightseeing buses and evening tour

Malaysia
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Topic
MTDC sightseeing buses and evening tour

I will be in Mumbai on Fri eve to Sun evening, and interested to go around to see the main attractions in Mumbai city.

May I know if Maharashtra Tourism Dedvelopment Corporation (MTDC) still conducts local sightseeing buses within Mumbai city area and the evening tour? If yes, appreciate if you could provide me more information re these tours- how much, what time, what does it cover, route etc.

Thank you.

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: MTDC sightseeing buses and evening tour

Yes, they still do those MTDC Tours, but from what I've heard they can be chaotic at times. maharashtratourism.gov.in/mtdc/…

A better way to explore the city is to book a private guided tour for 8 hrs, it should cost around 1200-1800 Rupees / $23-34 (Depending on the car you choose).

Edited: 23 April 2012, 02:07
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
346 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MTDC sightseeing buses and evening tour

You could do a bus tour in the evening. They typically start from Gateway Of India and take a couple of hours. It is not a hop on hop off bus like other cities. You do not get down from the bus at all. And next day you could go back on your own to any place that you found interesting.

Also the bust tours are generally not available throughout the year - definitely not during monsoons which is June to September.

3. Re: MTDC sightseeing buses and evening tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:48