We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place Near to Mubai for a short trip of 2 day and one night

Delhi
3 posts
Save Topic
Place Near to Mubai for a short trip of 2 day and one night

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to visit a hill station for 2 days near to mumbai with my fiancee.

I found 4 places via net surfing

1) Lonavala

2) Matheran

3) Panchgani

4) Mahabaleshwar

Now I have confusion, which one to choose. I dont want to waste much time in travel, don't want crowded place.

A Place with less noise and good scene site and a little masti . Please suggest a good resort or a hotel to stay with good location preferably away from market area and with good facility.

Please suggest .

Thanks and Regards.

Priyank

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place Near to Mubai for a short trip of 2 day and one night

Since you do not want to travel much I guess Mahabaleshwar and Panchgini are out since they are about 6-7 hrs one way. Below are some options for Lonavala and Matheran

Lonavala

It is only a 2 hr drive on the superb Mumbai - Pune Expressway. There are tons of options of stay there. Since you want to be away from crowds I suggest you stay in Khandala (which is some 3-4 km before Lonavala)

Stay Options depend on your preference but there is Machan Treehouse which can be fun. On the higher end is Fariyas which can be crowded. Amongst the mid range you can try Lagoona Resort. Good hotel with clean rooms and a pool. It is away from the crowd and towards the E-Way but gives you sufficient privacy and yet good connectivity shud you want to explore the market

Matheran

There are 2 options - you can take a train from CST to Nerul and then take the toy train to top. The other option is to take a cab up to Dasturi and then walk for about 40 mins through the rail track. I always prefer option 2 since its a little adventure. Remember Matheran has no vehicles. You can hire a horse to roam around. The best option again is to walk around. Its not a very large place to cover by foot.

Matheran also has good options to stay - Regal Hotel, Richie Rich Resort, Usha Ascot, Riviera, The Byke (Higher end)

Delhi
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Place Near to Mubai for a short trip of 2 day and one night

Hi Seneguy,

First i would like thank to you. I heard from some of my friend that lonavla and khandala is a Little more crowed in weekend . is it true ?

I saw the trip advisor rating for Matheran hotel. i found Richie Rich and Regal hotel ok . But there is only one concern related to their location .

are both hotel is situated near to market area or Railway Station .

Or Please suggest me a resort with resort in Matheran which is away form market area and railway station and having good facility .

Many Thanks .

Priyank Dixit

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place Near to Mubai for a short trip of 2 day and one night

Priyank,

I will suggest Matheran is very right place for 1 night and 2 days stay

It is the only hill station asia where vehicles are not allowed in.

So the total hillstation is completely polution free.

to move around and see the sites there are horses.

Some good sites here are Charlote lake, one tree point.

Hotel Vaibhav valley here is realy good and which is only hotel which has vlley view and u can take breakfast while enjoying scenic view of valley. I tink very few people know about this because its kind of homestay. But i have been there personnely and they provide room with food @ approx Rs. 900 per night.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place Near to Mubai for a short trip of 2 day and one night

Well since both the places are in close proximity to Mumbai they are bound to be slightly crowded. But Matheran does have its charm. Areas within the resort definitely have a lot of privacy. So that should not be concern.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
122 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place Near to Mubai for a short trip of 2 day and one night

Would recommend Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani.

6. Re: Place Near to Mubai for a short trip of 2 day and one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2011, 08:13
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place Near to Mubai for a short trip of 2 day and one night

Dear Priyank D,

I would suggest you to go for Alibaug, Murud Janjira, Nagaon which is very near to Mumbai about 100 kms. or so.

You may take a boat ride from Gateway of India to Rawas and from there take a auto rickshaw or state transport bus from Alibag to Janjira- Murud (kashid beach)

You can enjoy sea beach which you do not enjoy in Delhi. You can see Janjira Fort right near the coast, Alibaug also has a fort on the coast. The entire area is full with thick gardens full of Betelnut (supari), Cocoanut, Mango trees and a enjoyable sight.

Moreover, you can enjoy Konkani food and fresh fish items.

See Janjira Murud Alibaug on internet.

8. Re: Place Near to Mubai for a short trip of 2 day and one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 06:49