We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to Mumbai and Shridi for the first time..

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
travelling to Mumbai and Shridi for the first time..

Hi,

I am traveling to Mumbai for the first time. I am landing in Mumbai with my wife at 1725 on the 13th of September. My flight out of Mumbai is on the 17th. We want to visit Shridi Temple.

I am thinking of taking a cab or a bus to Shridi on the same day we land in Mumbai Airport, stay a night at Shridi, visit the temple the next day and take a cab/bus back to Mumbai. That way we'll have the rest of the days to explore Mumbai.

But i am not sure if thats possible. how long will it take to reach Shridi from Mumbai airport at that time of the day, will it be easy to book a hotel on arrival in Shridi? or is it best to stay the first night in Mumbai and plan a trip to Shridi the following days?

because i am not sure about these things i havent book a hotel in Mumbai..i am looking at Fariyas Hotel at Cobala..

I would really appreciate some expert advice.

Cheers

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to Mumbai and Shridi for the first time..

There are various option to reach Mumbai to Shridi like sleeper Volvo bus,Trains and private cabs.

I recommend you stay first night at Mumbai ,in case you flight delays then you may lost all your money on your bus or train booking.

Catch night train for shridi station ,its by the name of Sainagri Shridi station ,take 2 tier a/c class beths,it will depart in the night and you arrive early morning to shridi.

Take hotel for few hrs to take rest and refresh and go for Darshan.

This process may consume your 4-5 hrs and on Thursday or Sunday even more due to main days and rush.

Catch a/c Volvo bus for Mumbai by noon time ,it takes 7-8 hrs to reach Mumbai. (There are several travel agents in Shridi,you can bust tickets very easily from them)

All the best

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to Mumbai and Shridi for the first time..

Thanks Paul,

What time does the train leave from Mumbai.when do we need to book te train ticket?.how much does it cost?

And how many hours does it take on the train ?

Is it easy to find a hotel room in Shridi at the time we arrive?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to Mumbai and Shridi for the first time..

Hi nirakar,

I agree with Paul about staying the night in Mumbai.

Next day, you could start early morning by cab to Shirdi. The journey would take around 7-8 hours. So, if you start say 6.00 am-ish you should be in Shirdi by 2.00 pm -ish.

Alternatively, you can go by bus too.

You can use www.makemytrip.com or www.cleartrip.com to book train or bus tickets. Just avoid going there on Thurs or Sunday as Paul said.

4. Re: travelling to Mumbai and Shridi for the first time..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 18:46