We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

Hi Everyone

I am taking my first journey to India in late June of this year. I was looking in my Frommers guide and was shocked to see how much rain falls in June and July (600 mm). Has anyone traveled during the monsoon? Is it a constant rain or does it come in spurts. Is it possible to still enjoy the city.

My other question is if anyone has stayed in the Four Seasons? It is new and there are not many reviews yet. I realize that it is not in the best part of town but I assume it is still nice being a Four Seasons.

Thanks

1. Re: Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 09:29
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,355 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

The Four Seasons is well located for sightseeing as all typical "must-see" tours of the city cover the area from Dhobi Ghat (which is just a couple of minutes from the hotel) to Gateway of India.

There are several interesting dining and clubbing options nearby. Olive and Tote at the Turf are in the nearby Racecourse (where you can also go for morning walks, I guess). Their high rooftop bar Aer offers excellent views over the sea and is very stylish. The popular Blue Frog is nearby, so are some good places in the Palladium Mall.

I have seen the rooms; they are larger than most hotels in the city; and there is the typical Four Seasons attention to service as well. The Concierge Desk is very capable. I have had friends and colleagues from work stay there (because our bank's offices were nearby) and they have been happy.

The negative point is that there is a large chawl area (lower middle class area) nearby; so unlike the Taj or the Oberoi, you are not located on the seashore.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,355 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

The rain will arrive in June, yes. It's fairly unpredictable - some days have just a couple of short sharp showers, some days it drizzles all day long, some days it just pours and pours, and some days are sunny. Typically we see more rain in July and August than June.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,355 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

Oh and it just struck me that the rooftop bar will be closed in the rainy season.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

Thank you very much for the reply.....I very much appreciate it. I think I will keep my reservation at the Four Seasons.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

As mentioned by Deepa, the rain is not predictable. But July & Aug are worstly affected months by rain, than June.

If you do not like to get wet, try to visit Mumbai before June or after mid-september. Jun to Sept are the only rainy days in Mumbai.

Best season to visit can be in winter i.e. Nov to Feb.

Tirana, Albania
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

this means hat mumbai has a rainny summer and sunny winter??? :O

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,355 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

Dear Anerol -

We have the following seasons, roughly speaking:

Winter: Oct - Feb

Spring: March

Summer: April to mid-June

Monsoon: mid-June to September

We have very mild winters, so it is very pleasant here, with the sun shining. Summer is hot and humid.

Deepa

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
346 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

Four Seasons is nice but in a newer developed locality in Mumbai - Lower Parel. As someone else mentioned there are chawls around and thus it is not really a place where you can come outside the hotel property and take a stroll which i feel is important to get a feel of the city. Also the views are not great. More traffic in that area as well. I would recommend that you shift your reservation to the Taj. The area is much nicer with lot of character, with great views. It would also be much easier from here to do sight seeing - VT,Rajabhai,Marine Drive,etc Also the Kala Ghoda art area is nice.

10. Re: Weather in late June & Four Seasons Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 12:47