We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prepaid taxi and mumbai railway stations

nowhere
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
prepaid taxi and mumbai railway stations

Hi

does Dadar, Mumbai Central stations have a prepaid taxi counter/queue?

I have seen a taxi queue in CST but dont know if is regular or prepaid. which one is it?

Thx

Naga

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prepaid taxi and mumbai railway stations

Take the yellow and black taxis lined outside CST station. They go by meter and are generally honest.

nowhere
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: prepaid taxi and mumbai railway stations

are they available in Dadar, central stations as well?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prepaid taxi and mumbai railway stations

At Central yes, just outside the exit/entry gate.

At Dadar, little away from the Station, as it's a very very crowded locality and the station is in very cramped place.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,527 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prepaid taxi and mumbai railway stations

No pre-paid cabs at railway stations, I'm afraid.

At Dadar, you should be able to get a taxi just outside the station. The station you are mentioning Yogi is the station where local trains come in. The platforms where the outstation trains come in are different and once you are outside (near the Laxmi Narayan temple), you should be able to get a cab, though it may take some time.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,532 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prepaid taxi and mumbai railway stations

Hello may I ask what are the difference of the different colored taxis or it does not matter what taxi I take? Can anyone here recommend a particular taxi company that with honest drivers. Thank you all.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prepaid taxi and mumbai railway stations

sandysurve77,

Are there different Dadar stations for local and long distance trains as at Kurla ? I have seen long distance trains stopping at the same station and once I deposited my luggage in cloak room on Dadar Station on east side, so I think that was the same station may be the platforms are different.

Taxis were availbale at little distance away from the station or may be this was the case only on that day.

I noticed that in case of Dadr West, taxis are not available before the fountain or Portugese Church.

7. Re: prepaid taxi and mumbai railway stations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2011, 10:46