We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between domestic & international airport in Bombay

London
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Distance between domestic & international airport in Bombay

Hello - I am travelling to India in Novemeber -

Please could someone inform me the distance between the domestic and international airport in bombay -

Also we have 2 stop overs in bombay - 1) Amdahmed to Goa via bombay and 2) Goa - London Heathrow via bombay. Both of the stop overs are 6 hours and is all with King fisher - please could you let me know if our baggage will get checked through all the way or do we need to collect our bags and check in again?

Is there a shuttle bus and is it frquent?

Many Thanks

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between domestic & international airport in Bombay

The driving time between the two terminals depends upon the time of the day. It's around 15 minutes when there's less traffic, that's early morning, late night and in the afternoon. During traffic hours it could take some 30 minutes. There's a free shuttle bus between the two. In all probability, Kingfisher will make arrangements for your terminal transfer.

About the baggage, you'll need to check with Kingfisher directly.

- Sandy

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between domestic & international airport in Bombay

There is shuttle bus and your luggage will be checked in by Kingfisher.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,508 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between domestic & international airport in Bombay

I'm not so certain your baggage will be checked through for the international sector. In fact, I'm pretty sure you are going to have to collect bags in Mumbai, transfer to international, and then check it through there.

For Ahmedabad to Goa via Mumbai, since this is a domestic connection, it is likely that Kingfisher will check it through.

The shuttle bus runs once in 30 minutes or so. Kingfisher ground staff (as well as the general airport staff) are helpful so there should be no problem at all. When in India, do as we do, ask someone for help :)

Mumbai airport is new and nice.

- Deepa

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
504 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance between domestic & international airport in Bombay

You get the free shuttle bus in Bombay airport.Sometimes you cant wait for what seems like a long time but i wouldnt think a wait of any longer than 30mins. It takes about 15 mins to get from International to Domestic airport on the shuttle bus.

I had to pick my luggage up at Bombay airport from Heathrow on the way to Goa but coming back the luggage from Goa went straight through from Goa to to Heathrow .

5. Re: Distance between domestic & international airport in Bombay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 12:47