We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on arrival at Mumbai ?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Visa on arrival at Mumbai ?

Hello, left it too late for evisa, can I buy visa at airport. Uk passport thanks

5 replies to this topic
Lowestoft, United...
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
10,570 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on arrival at Mumbai ?

No, you have to apply before you travel.

2. Re: Visa on arrival at Mumbai ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2018, 20:50

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,774 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on arrival at Mumbai ?

Frankly it amazes me how people can leave it too late even for an evisa. I mean, if you don't have a visa, you are not getting into the country, not even on your flight for that matter.

The OP does not mention date of travel or where she is right now, I guess one could go to the nearest Indian embassy and try for an emergency visa, but they need a good reason usually.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,114 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on arrival at Mumbai ?

UK (like USA, Sweden and a few other countries) passport holders get visa on arrival at most countries, so it is hard to blame the OP. Of course he could have checked just in case.

Level Contributor
2,026 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on arrival at Mumbai ?

At four.... it's not visa on arrival like Dubai.. . It's apply in advance and issued on arrival.... it is the ops responsibility to check entry requirements for countries they intend to visit and to follow the regulations.... who else is responsible.

Reply to: Visa on arrival at Mumbai ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted