We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day trip to Mysore

Bangalore District...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
One Day trip to Mysore
Save

Hey All,

I am hoping to find some real creative replies here.

One of my Senior Vice Presidents is in Bangalore(for the first time in India from US) for three days and we have one day at leisure. I have recommended that Mysore is the right place to visit. So here's the help i need -

We will start by 7:00 am from Bangalore. I need some help in finalising the sightseeing plan - basically areas to see. I dont want strain with too many places to visit; but some very important places and places where he can spend some time. Also the best (even 5 star hotels) hotels for food in mysore.

Request all to help me with this. Thanks a lot in Advance.

Pramod

Salisbury, UK
1 post
2 reviews
10 helpful votes
1. Re: One Day trip to Mysore
Save

You can't go to Mysore without seeing the palace - it's magnificent.

If you're looking for a 5 star hotel look no further than Lalitha Mahal. Again, quite spectacular.

Regards

Ted Greenwood

2. Re: One Day trip to Mysore

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
133 helpful votes
3. Re: One Day trip to Mysore
Save

Violation of TA Norms !! Open solicitation....

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: One Day trip to Mysore
Save

I'd have to agree - the Palace alone is worth a trip to Mysore There's a lot to see, both in the main palace and in the museum and temple. Also worth a look is the tmeple up on the hill, the cathedral and, for the building if not for the food, the Lalitha Mahal. I stayed at the Metropole and the food was NOT good.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
20 helpful votes
5. Re: One Day trip to Mysore
Save

1 day in Mysore is not enough. If you are lucky, you can get there in maybe 3 hours, but count on 4 one way by the time you leave and arrive at your destination. Mysore Palace will take several hours to do it justice. What is your boss interested in? If Art and Architecture are not his thing, then maybe the Silk Factory?

6. Re: One Day trip to Mysore

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?
7. Re: One Day trip to Mysore

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?