We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mysore to Coorg by Bus

Pune
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Mysore to Coorg by Bus

we wish to travel by bus from Mysore to Coorg. we are arriving in Mysore around 1pm. Where do we go to get the bus, and can we do any advance reservations. please suggest links or contacts to do the same. Thx

Rajan

India
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mysore to Coorg by Bus

Buses ply between Mysore suburban bus stand and coorg at regular intervals. KSRTC has its website where they boast of a online booking feature.

Kindly note that there are at least 2 major bus stands in Mysore, namely Suburban Bus stand and City bus stand, I am pretty sure its the suburban bus stand that you shall need to use.

Hope this helps

Vish

Edited: 13 February 2011, 13:33
Boston...
Level Contributor
173 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mysore to Coorg by Bus

You can book online from www.ksrtc.in You need to sign up for an account to do bookings online.

chennai
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Mysore to Coorg by Bus

i need Mysore to coorg bus fare and important places in coorg and budget hotels details please

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mysore to Coorg by Bus

Hi...

Have been trying to do a reservation from Mangalore to Coorg since yesterday night but have not succeeded. The website www.ksrtc.in give details, but we are not able to book a bus for a enroute drop off. The reservation is being possible only from the start to end destinations. I am also working on it, but will post if I find it out.

There are quite a few options with ksrtc, including Volvo AC Sleeper buses to 2 + 2 executive coaches.

Regards

Prasanna

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mysore to Coorg by Bus

Hi...

I think this may work... Do not search "MADIKERI" or "MAD", try using "MER" or "MERCARA". This only gives you the option of MERCARA/MADIKERI. But I am not able to proceed after seat selection.

Regards

Prasanna

Coimbatore, Tamil...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mysore to Coorg by Bus

Thanks. Information in this thread is useful to me.

Coimbatore, Tamil...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mysore to Coorg by Bus

People,

If some one want to go to Coorg from Coimbatore can book ticket from KSRTC. There are two direct buses operating from coimbatore to Mercara. One at 8 am and other one at 10 pm

Coimbatore
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mysore to Coorg by Bus

Thanks for this very precious information, Anand. :-)

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Mysore to Coorg by Bus

I want to know about bus timing to go to coorg from Mysore.I will reach mysore at 5 am.Could you pls tell me the bus timing.

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mysore to Coorg by Bus

Mysore to Madikkeri

One in every 15 Minutes from 04.00 to 23.00

Mysore to Bhagamandala/Talacauvery direct bus after 8 AM. Change at Madikkeri for Bhagamandala/Talacauvery