We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BR hills - safari for those not staying at the jungle lodge

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
10 helpful votes
BR hills - safari for those not staying at the jungle lodge
Save

Hi

I am travelling to BR hills for a day trip from mysore. Are there any jungle safaris available to tourists who are not going to be staying at the jungle lodges wilderness camp? If the forest dept has any arrangements, where is it located? what are the costs? thanks

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
15 reviews
14 helpful votes
1. Re: BR hills - safari for those not staying at the jungle lodge
Save

Normally Jungle Lodges does not offer safaris to non residents-they only offer packages-AFAIK. Why not contact them directly and ask-their office is located in Shrungar Shopping Centre, on MG Road( near Deccan Herald)

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
15 reviews
14 helpful votes
2. Re: BR hills - safari for those not staying at the jungle lodge
Save

I have only stayed at their KGudi camp, as part of their package-we went about 5-6 years ago and spent 2 or 3 nights there. I dont think the forest dept has any infrastructure for safaris trips like they have in Bandipur or Nagarhole.

3. Re: BR hills - safari for those not staying at the jungle lodge

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
10 helpful votes
4. Re: BR hills - safari for those not staying at the jungle lodge
Save

Hi

Yes there are safari's for those not staying at the jungle lodges. These start from just outside the jungle lodge. If you need to see the famous tree you will need permission from charajnagar forest dept. Enjoy your trip. Its a nice place.

5. Re: BR hills - safari for those not staying at the jungle lodge

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?