We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

Hyderabad, India
1 post
Save Topic
Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

Hi,

I would like to know what is the best way to travel from Delhi airport to Shimla. I would be travelling with my family. I am looking for a safe and cost effective way.

Regards

Ludhiana, India
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

Hello nvamsi,

You can reach Delhi bus-stand from airport. And cam opt for frequent buses to shimla (around 9 hours upto shimla).

You will get Volvos. deluxe and ordinary buses. Please check the details on http://hrtc.gov.in/hrtc/default.aspx

thanks,

2. Re: Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 March 2013, 20:35
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,800 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

rajeshkumarse...

Stop indirect marketing plz.

Edited: 08 June 2012, 17:02
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

Hi Nvamsi,

The best and most cost effective way is to take the Volvo to New Delhi Railway station and from there take Kalka Shatabdi and from Kalka take the toy train to Shimla.

However unless I know the arriva time of ur flight I can help u.

BR,

shimla
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

Hi,

take Volvo bus from Delhi Airport to Chandigarh..

http://hartrans.gov.in/online/index_cf.asp

and get another bus from Chandigarh to Shimla.

This is the most safe and cost effective way.

New Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

Best and comfortable travel from delhi to shimla By toyota innova 6 seater

Distance delhi to shimla is 370 and takes 7/8 hours approx

you can hire taxi from http://www.japjitravel.com/toyota-innova.html

Mumbai
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

I need to travel from new delhi airport to shimla. We will arrive at the airport at around 8am on 8th april.

Would like to travel from kalka by toy train but have checked d website, tickets r waitlisted. Does it make sense bookin waitlisted tickets. Will de get confirmed by the 8th. I had also read dat toy train tickets are avilable immediately on d same day too. Is it true?

If not by toy train wat are the other safe options?

Was cosiderin to hav a one day tour of delhi n take a bus in d nit from delhi to shimla? Is it advisable?

Gurgaon
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

Hi

You can either get buses from Himachal Bhavan or Janpath or alternatively get to ISBT Kashmere gate and hop on to the first one you see.

Only state buses run from the Bhawan and Janpath while ISBT will also have multiple private operators.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

Hi MavisX_13

Which ever way you choose to go by public transport you will have to take a night halt at Kalka to take a toy train to Shimla. Well you can choose to take a Shatabdi express in the evening at 17:15 hrs which will drop you at kalka at 21:20. In the morning you can board for your onward journey. If you do not want to take a night halt in Kalka then you can do that in Delhi and take the next day early morning train.

Book the ticket in advance if you want a reservation.

The other option can be of hiring the car for your personal use.

Pune, India
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Delhi Airport to Shimla

I will be arriving delhi in afternoon on 17th May. i am not sure whether i can survive the volvo.

is the innova journey to shimla will be pleasurable.

how much they charge.

can i get accommodation on arrival in shimla and manali without pre booking.

what are budget hotels in both.