We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars in India

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bars in India

My wife and I are visiting India (New Delhi, Shimla, Agra, Etc.).

We like a walk and the odd aperitif before dinner but have seen no referance to bars or pub like establishments. Do such places exist?

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bars in India

You can't smoke in any air conditioned restaurant or bar, unless they have a designed enclosed smoking area like some 5 star hotels do.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bars in India

Travelkat,

I'm sorry about your experience in Bangalore. You seem to have been guided by the wrong people, then. The next time you're in Bangalore, ping me & I'll tell you about restaurants & bars that you can visit to enjoy a quiet meal with some beer. There are so many options which aren't noisy & crowded that I'm surprised you didn't find any.

And, there are a few restaurants with designated smoking tables or al-fresco seating where smoking is allowed.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
821 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bars in India

The pharmacy that you were trying to find could have been 'Cash pharmacy'. That's a building at the St.Marks & Residency road junction. It's a Bangalore landmark that was demolished to make way for a huge building a couple of years ago. The pharmacy now occupies just a small portion of the building. The junction is still known as Cash Pharmacy junction.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bars in India

Thanks wanderlust111 !!

Ahmedabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Bars in India

I am curious about bars in shimla. I want to know that whether can I get "Corona extra" beer in shimla??

16. Re: Bars in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 09:45