We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

Jamshedpur, India
2 posts
Save Topic
I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

I am planning to visit SHIMLA in DECEMBER - 2010.

I wanted to know "Is this very cold and difficult to stay at SHIMLA during the month of DECEMBER". Basically I am from a state where winter temberature falls to Min 8-10'C.

Secondly I wanted to know How much the HOTEL fare (budget hotels) cost ( per day) during this season. Whether I have to book the hotels in advance or I can get it after reaching there.

If anybody who can help me regarding this, I would be very greatful to him/her.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,568 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

Shimla will be pretty cold in December. You need to carry proper winter gears. Usually, from Dec 20 to Jan 10 is the peak season in Shimla. Do not expect discount within that period. You need to book your accommodation well in advance if your dates fall in that slot.

There are so many budget hotels in Shimla. I think, you must get a hotel within Rs.1500 +.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

Yes,Shimla is very cold in winter and sometime with snow around.

This year temp. in summer reached abve 30 degree centigrade during summer and it was quite unusual. May be it is affect of global warming.

deepak

Edited: 18 July 2010, 11:52
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

20 th Dec. to 10 th of January is busy time due chrstmas and new year but other wise in winter there are dew tourists and you get lower rates.

deepak

Amsterdam
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

How the HPTDC hotels ? any feedback ?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

At what Place ?

If you mean Shimla then there are better places in that price range.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,568 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

HPTDC Fagu is an amazing property

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

Fagu is not in Shimla, it's some 20 KMs. away from Shimla.

As I said earlier also HPTDC Peterhof in Shimla is not up to the mark. There are better hotels in that range.

Mumbai, India
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

dear friend i have just come from shimla on 30 sept. i stayed at Hotel vatika,near kalibari temple. they cheaged rs. 400 per day.ut in december it is peak season, so if u book i advane you can contact them at

it was 15 degress now. so itwill be 5 degrees in december.

food -eat at small hotels,yummy food. also coffee house is low price,good food

i went to naldehra and kufri. please dont take the horses(rs.250/380).you actually dont need them, the distance is walkable

vivek ,mumbai

Mumbai, India
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

dear friend i have just come from shimla on 30 sept. i stayed at Hotel vatika,near kalibari temple. they cheaged nominal. in december it is peak season, so if u book i advane .it was 15 degress now. so itwill be 5 degrees in december.

food -eat at small hotels,yummy food. also coffee house is low price,good food

i went to naldehra and kufri. please dont take the horses(rs.250/380).you actually dont need them, the distance is walkable

vivek ,mumbai

Edited: 02 October 2010, 20:44
10. Re: I am planning to visit SHIMLA during DECEMBER

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 09:46