We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mri

chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
mri

I am planning a trip to in feb since I am a runner I need to get a MRI of my feet I thought I might get it done in delhi

any suggestion or advice on the cost or quality or experience like share would be higly appriciated

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mri

The MRI cost may vary from Hospital to Hospital depending upon the Mid Level, Premium Hospitals. The price range should be $125 to $225 in Delhi

Few months back i had a MRI done for my wife as she was having the back pain and in our City the price range was $70 to $160 for the same test finally i got it done at the $70 which was a good, decent Hospital and even the equipment was brand new.

Hope the above info. will serve your purpose

chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mri

thanks for the info u r great in helping people like me in makeing their decisions, r u a travel agent, what ever it is keep it up and thanks again

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mri

ozman2214 Iam not a travel agent but a person who has passion for travelling. Infact if you look at my initial posts in TripAdvisor all of them were enquries from my side for my first Intl. trips to Singapore, Malaysia and later to Thailand and after i returned back i felt it was my time to help tourists visiting our country with what ever knowledge i have.

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mri

>> help tourists visiting our country with what ever knowledge i have.

And he does it well. :)

Trust me, the advice given by Ratna Prasad is often better than what you will get from any travel agent. Travel agents are often biased to their own interests, and a lot of them post in the India forums posing as fellow travellers.

chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: mri

Ratna once again my appriciation I apologise if I refered u as a travel agent but then again I been following u r advice to other people and that is great, again keep up the good job

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
772 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mri

an MRI on a 1.5 T scanner in delhi would cost you about Rs. 5000 to 7000 depending on where you are getting it done and what information your physician wants from the MR ( any special sequences etc).

places where you can get a proper MRI done are

Apollo hospital

Sir Ganga Ram hospital

Diwan chand

GMR in Green park

VIMHAS

Batra Hospital

Focus in yousef sarai

Delhi MRI in Hauz Khas

Goyal MRI in safdarjung

apart from this there are numerous other places to get one done in delhi

do check up with your reffering orthopedicians if any special sequences or information is required.

one more thing most places in india have a 1.5 tesla or probably 2 , 2.5 tesla machine, i not aware whats the latest in the USA. but this should suffice for most purposes.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mri

Thanks for your compliments Brave1, personally as a Traveller i can understand the satisfaction we get when visiting new places with all the information available in advance so that we plan better and dont get ripped off and you also save money as well.

Meanwhile Sanjoy you have provided indepth information on the MRI with technical points , though i made few rounds for my Wife's MRI scans here and there i was not aware of this, what i looked out in general was a brand new hospital making sure that the equipment was the latest and it did serve our purpose.

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
772 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mri

ratanprasad, actually you are right, since if a hospital has installed a new machine it should be one which is up to date, but isn't always so.

some centers which say they have installed a new machine actually install a refurnished older model to cut down the initial cost. the imaging on these is not at all great.

i am practicing GI surgeon so though i have an indepth idea of abdominal MRI, orthopedic imaging is a bit different.

chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: mri

Thanks sanjoy for this detailed info I am sure it will be a great help in makeing my decesion thanks again

Gurgaon
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: mri

Any of u hav any idea about MRI hospital in Kolkata which gives best service at affordable charge. Plz give ur kind suggestions.Thanks

Get answers to your questions about New Delhi