We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An excellent two days with Sanjay at Crabtree India Travels!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
An excellent two days with Sanjay at Crabtree India Travels!

My situation was a little different, and unusual, but my great experience is worth reviewing and hopefully it will be useful to everyone here.

On Monday, I decided to go to India to check the Taj Mahal at sunrise off of my bucket list. Long story, but i pulled the planning off without a hitch. On Thursday at midnight, I was on a plane leaving California, headed to this country I had never stepped foot in. Yeah, I dont recommend trying to do everything last minute. But I found Crabtree India Travels here on TripAdvisor, and the great reviews led me to reach out to Hemant to set up a car and a guide to get down to Agra from the Delhi airport when I landed. He was quick to respond, even throughout my travels. I felt comfortable knowing someone would be picking me up, and that he had arranged everything with many excellent suggestions being added to my visit.

I was met at the airport by Sanjay, after a very long journey, and he took care of everything from there. He was polite, kind, and put up with my many requests with a smile. I am an avid amateur photographer and so my requests often include taking many pictures, from many different places, and lots of requests to pull over the car to photograph something. India is a country that is so beautiful! I wanted to capture it all!

We drove down to Agra in the middle of the night, leaving at 3am, which I highly recommend because it was quick and there was no traffic on the road. The weather at that time of the day in mid-May is very nice too so it makes for a pleasant journey. Seeing the Taj Mahal with Sanjay and our local Agra guide Gulshan was fantastic! We also saw the Agra Fort and many other parts of Agra. The drive back up to Delhi was in the late afternoon, and had its fair share of traffic, but we planned accordingly.

The best part of the experience was spending time with Sanjay. I would definitely use him again when I return to India, and he has already helped me with ideas of the parts of the country I want to see and photograph next.

Additionally, Hemant helped connect me to a great guide and car service on my next stop in India, in Mumbai. I also recommend Mukund with CarLink there in Mumbai. You will find many excellent reviews for him in the Mumbai forum. Thank you to everyone who helped me pull this wonderful trip together last minute!

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,408 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: An excellent two days with Sanjay at Crabtree India Travels!

Thanks for sharing such a nice tour report. It will be helpful for another tourist too.

Kerala
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
2. Re: An excellent two days with Sanjay at Crabtree India Travels!

@MakingContrails,

glad to see another good feedback. happy to see that you used regular on the forums for your Mumbai trip as well as for Agra visit.

@ crabtree travels, good job and keep it up

3. Re: An excellent two days with Sanjay at Crabtree India Travels!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2017, 09:47