We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Car and Driver in Delhi

Mount Vernon...
2 posts
Save Topic
Private Car and Driver in Delhi

This past December, we took a trip to India that was in planning for 3 years. My husband had found Pankaj Singh from a forum on Tripadvisor, being impressed with his reviews, we hired Pankaj Singh as our Driver for our tour in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. I was initially skeptical of hiring a driver we had never met before, but when we flew into Delhi, he was waiting to pick us up. It took us nearly 5 hours to get out of the airport since the airline had lost our luggage, but Pankaj waited patiently. When we got out of the airport gate, he greeted us with a smile and took us to his minivan in the parking lot, where he welcomed us with fresh flower garlands. The car was new and well stocked with mineral water, hand sanitizer and a first aid kit. he quickly drove us to the hotel and asked us if we needed anything before he left for the night. Throughout our 8 day excursion in Delhi-Agra-Jaipur, he was very prompt and always interested in giving us the best experience. He was eager to help us on all issues that we encountered. He offered to loan us a local cell phone so that we would not have to use our international plan, which can be very expensive. In Jaipur, when we got to the hotel, the hotel there was an issue with our reservation (that we had made, not Pankaj). When he learned about the reservation issue, he stayed with us until we got the rooms. We felt very safe and taken care of with him. His driving was very safe and he was always showered, shaved and very clean. His rates are very reasonable and affordable. He does not smoke or chews tobacco. We feel that in the hustle and bustle of the golden triangle, our trip was more enjoyable because of him. I highly recommend him for anyone looking for a private car and driven in Delhi. His telephone number is +91-99718-85284 and his e-mail address is pankajsingh555@yahoo.com.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
109 replies to this topic
1. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 September 2017, 13:05

Somerset UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

several others we booked him after researching the net. It was our 30th wedding anniversary and we had planned a self booked trip to the golden triangle and Rathambore plus flying up to Amritsar to see the Golden Temple and meet up with our son for a few days on a school hockey tour. Pankaj, made sure he knew all our plans before we arrived. He booked guides ( who were really really good) for Agra and Jaipur. He made an appointment and accompanied me and my husband to the doctor on day 2 as I managed to arrive with a severe chest infection! He looked after some of our luggage when we fly up to the Punjab which was really helpful as internal flights have strict luggage limits. He arranged a driver and guide for our time in Amritsar. When we arrived back in Delhi by train - he was there to meet us outside the exact compartment door! Always kind and thoughtful and always punctual Panjaj Singh runs a very good business with customer care at the heart of it. The SUV car was spotless and plenty big enough. We enjoyed being slightly higher up and always felt safe despite the crazy roads. We have recommended Panjaj to friends and would recommend him to anyone planing a trip to Delhi and beyond.

Mentioned in this post
Amritsar
Amritsar
Amritsar District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

I found Pankaj Singh on trip advisor, when looking for a driver to tour around the Golden Triangle. The reviews looked amazing so i decided to email him and find out what he offered. He emailed me back straight away with details of different tours that they offer, he also explained that he would not be free for the trip but that we would have a different driver. Our drivers name is Manu, he came to meet us at the airport and we have spent 8 days with him travelling from Delhi, Jaipur and Agra back to Delhi. Manu has been a wonderful and helpful driver, nothing has been to much for him. He has so much knowledge of India and the places we visited, and he took us to the most amazing places to eat. Having a driver for us was a treat for our first week in India before we went off on our own and it was the best thing that we did, he made us feel so welcome and at home and relaxed in such a busy and exciting country. I would just like to say a big thankyou to Manu and Pankaj for our trip, we would defiantly use them again, so thankyou. xxx

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
arlington
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

Pankaj came highly recommended to me from a friend in Bangalore. He did not disappoint! My husband and I met up with two friends visiting from the US in Delhi and the four of us were comfortable in his SUV with A/C. He was a safe driver and had a great sense of humor. We were very appreciative that he did not honk incessantly as many do in India!! This allowed us to take long naps as we travelled the distance from Delhi to Agra to Jaipur and back to Delhi. We also appreciated his openness and patience with explaining various cultural differences and answering our abundant questions! His demeanor was sincere and genuine as well as light-hearted. All of this made us feel safe, relaxed and made the time fly! It was very advantageous to have someone so familiar with the areas as he helped us find guides and warned us of local scams. This is so valuable for a foreigner! We had a wonderful time and a large part of that is due to Pankaj, his great sense of humor, professionalism and great driving. I highly recommend him/his company and hope to travel up North again to see more of this beautiful country with Pankaj as our driver/guide!

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Kingston-upon-Hull...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

I visited India with my 20 year old daughter in early January 2015. As it was my first visit i wanted to organise the highlights in advance. I discovered Pankaj Singh on TripAdvisor and he organised my itinerary during the autumn prior to my visit. He was also willing to book rail tickets for a trip to Amritsar and Simla. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for Pankaj Singh; we corresponded by email and his responses were always very prompt. He was not able to drive us himself due to other commitments but arranged for another driver, his brother.

We were met at Delhi airport by 'Mr Bali' Balvinder Singh and driven to our hotel in an immaculate Toyota Saloon. Mr Bali then attended to our every need on our trip to Agra, the National Park at Ramphambore, Jodphur, Jaipur and back to Delhi. All our accommodation was arranged and Mr Bali appeared to have very good knowledge of excellent restaurants on our tour. We always felt safe with Mr Bali who had an incomparable knack of negotiating the apparent insanity of Indian traffic at all times, including the occasion when the car was surrounded by a herd of marauding buffalo. This was particularly important in Delhi, where traffic was constantly rerouted in preparation for Republic Day.

Pankaj Singh arranged local guides as part of our package at Agra for the Fort as well as the Taj Mahal and for Fatehpur Sikri, which was a rare treat. I was unaware of this important monument before the trip. I would highly recommend a visit for all new travellers to India. I would highly recommend Pankaj Singh to all travelling to Delhi and the sights in Rajasthan. He is 100% reliable and provided a service that ensured an unforgettable experience for myself and my daughter.

Mentioned in this post
Amritsar
Amritsar
Amritsar District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
The Taj Mahal Palace...
7,455 Reviews
Mumbai, India
Parsippany, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

We booked a driver for our trip to Delhi, Agra, Rishikesh and Mussoorie through Pankaj and ended with Manoj Kumar as our driver. We were so thrilled with his services from day 1 to the end. He picked us up at the airport when we arrived and was at our service till the moment he dropped us off at the airport again for our return trip 10 days later.

He was so much more than a driver. He constantly told us about significant or historic buildings, sites, monuments etc, as we drove by them in Delhi and the other cities we visited. He was very safe and courteous always and his car was always kept clean for us. He pointed us to the most suitable restaurants, which was important since we were traveling with 2 teenagers making their first visit to India. He suggested the better shopping areas/stores and catered to any request we had for him.

He was intimately familiar with Delhi, Agra, Mathura, Rishikesh and even Mussoorie. He would take us to all of the places of interest we wanted to visit and waited for us till we returned. His car was a great place to leave our things so that we wouldn't have to carry them while visiting crowded sites and even left our son with him when he didn't want to see something we stopped to see. On our travels away from Delhi which took many hours in the car, he even knew which places were okay to stop at to use the rest rooms and which to stay away from.

In Rishikesh, he hooked us up with a rafting company because we wanted to go rafting in the Ganges. Once booked, we could have went with the others in the rafting company's van but Manoj drove us to the launch site and waited for us at the and end point so that our things (clothes, towels) could be close at hand.

Manoj truly went way above and beyond to insure we had a great time in India. He was so much more than we ever could have imagined and would have no problem endorsing him or Pankaj's services to anyone.

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Rishikesh
Rishikesh
Dehradun District, India
Mussoorie
Mussoorie
Dehradun District, India
Mathura
Mathura
Mathura District, India
sarasota
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

He sounds great, we are planning on doing that area next year. Did he also arrange for hotels ?

How was payment done, in advance? or what ? thanks

ron

8. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 April 2017, 16:05

Maasmechelen...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

We've booked a trip with Mr Pankaj Sing. Mr. Pankaj Singh couldnt drive us, so we were drove by his friend MR Balvinder. Everything was perfect. We've got visit Mr Pankaj's house and he was very friendly, They make a good cup tea for us with sandwiches. The trip with Mr Balvinder was perfect,from beginning to the end. We've got a good car with A/C. I surely recomend Mr. Pankaj Singh services, because he give you a good price, good service

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

We used Pankaj Singh in touring Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer. and Udaipur. My wife and I had never been to India and it was awesome to have a person of his professionalism to make our trip so easy. He was recommended by my son and daughter-in-law and we couldn't have been happier. He was a very professional, courteous, great driver and guide. He speaks English very well.

He listened to our priorities while also offering some great suggestions of places we had not considered. He was able to tell us what tours of sites to pay for and which ones we could do on our own (he provided a preview of these sites and answered questions afterward).

He took us to great, affordable restaurants and made suggestions of specialties of the house,

He even took us to his home south of Delhi which we thoroughly enjoyed as we got to visit a smaller town, meet his family and get a taste of every day Indian life.

He was always on time and his car was spotless.. He was a delight and we left India viewing Pankaj as a friend and hope that one day he will come the US and we can offer him the same level of hospitality,

We would highly recommend Pankaj to anyone considering a trip to India.

Dan and Georgana Finn

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Jaisalmer