We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

Hi all!

Just trying to get some advice on Delhi Holi festival 2014

From what I can see it is 17 March 2014. Does it go for a number of days? ( I am currently flying into Delhi on the 18th, and hoping not to have to change my flight)

Do you need to buy tickets? I can't find any information on line.

Thanks!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

Dear Pelay,

The main day is 18 not any other one.

So be there and enjoy the festival of colors!

Regards

ZAID

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
30 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

Hello. I am arriving in New Delhi at 1am, so I will miss the bonfire, but I should be there just in time for the festival. I actually had to pay to change my flight since my original flight landed the day after Holi. I am so psyched to go. I have always wanted to do this. Do you think it will be difficult to find a room to rent near Paharganj? Any recommendations on places to stay near the fun? Thank you.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

David it will not going to be difficult you can find easily there.

In Pahargunj you can go for these following hotels:

Hotel Shelton

Vivek Hotel

Hotel Aura

Hotel Singh Empire Dx

Hotel Sita International

These are the best rent out places for you.

Go ahead,and choose one!

ZAID

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

Hi,

I plan a 3 day trip to Vrindavan for the Holi Festival this year as well. I have few queries as well-

1. Is Holi (the main day of playing colours) a day earlier in Vrindavan from rest of the Northern region (Delhi).

2. Where are the best places to be to cover Holi Photographs from Vrindavan? A list of temples, time and any specific information would be much appreciated.

Regards

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

Try to include Iskon Temple in Vrindavan

Port Louis
Level Contributor
137 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

I will be in Delhi from March 05 to March 13 - is there any possibility that there will be people playing in the region? I will be having a trip from 05 March to 08 March for the Golden Triangle and it will be mainly for some scenery and wedding shopping.

Philadelphia...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

I'm arriving in Delhi on 3/15 too. I'm curious what your plans are, but always appreciate travel companions, even for a few days. Reply if you'd like and I'll shoot ya an email.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

You can enjoy the festival in MAthura, it is the only place where you can get the early feeling of Holi Festival.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

I am doing the Infra-red India tour through Geckos which goes from the 18th - 28th March

Noida, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Holi Festival, Delhi 2014

Holi is the most funny festival of india. You can feel very interesting and irritable things in holi. If you dont want looks like a joker then stay in your home and watch every thing happening outside your home and m sure you will enjoy it.