We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
321 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

Me and my wife are going to Delhi. We will stay on 12.10.2013 at Paharganj Hotel.

My own itinerary is as follows :-

I want to visit (i) Qutab Minar (ii) Red Fort (iii) India gate (iv) Connaught Place (v)Hauz Khas (vi) Humayun' tomb (vii) Lodi Garden (viii) Purana Quila (ix) Safdarjung tomb (x) Rastrapati Bhawan (xi) Parliament Building (xii) Lotus Temple (xiii) Jama Masjid (xiv) Feroz Shah Kotla Fort (xv) Khuni Darwaja.

Anyone may suggest the tariff of car rental for one day on 12.10.2013 as per my own itinerary. I am searching for a reliable car agency.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,018 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

It depends upon type of car, what is included and no. of people with you. You can budget around Rs.2000/- for a nice clean car of mid size Tata Indigo good for 3-4 persons.

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
321 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

Many many thanks, Mr. Deepak for your prompt reply. We are only two. But I can not contact any reliable agency for car hiring.

I'll stay in a hotel in Main Bazar, Paharganj. I don't want the help from the hotel manager regarding car rental.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,554 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

As Deepak Ji advised you car should be cost you approx. 1600 -2000 for 8 to 10 hours to complete the visit of the places as you wrote.

You can find a lot of travel agents , individual car owner in main Bazar who will offer you may be more less price. No need to be panic to find out very reliable travel agency for this small service.

Your sight -seeing places are very common, nothing very special or hard to find out. Any honest tourist driver will show these places within 08 hours time frame.

Take it easy , just walk one hour in main bazar , many people will approach you for car rental. Just check the car & driver and later book. It is possible get car for full day in main bazar within Rs. 1500.00

Agra, India
Level Contributor
587 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

For sightseeing in Delhi,you get a tata Indigo car in approx.1600-2000 INR only.

There so many Travel agent in Delhi you can search through TA forum

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

Hi-

You can't cover all the places in 1 day. You will have to skip some spots and car, you can get easily,there are more then 900 travel agents in Pahargang. Better you go your self and check 10/12 agents to get good rates.

NOTE--- You go your self only-- don't ask to any person for car. I think you know there is something if there are more then 2 persons.

Arun

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

Hi-

Deepak Ji & Rashd Ji are very good adviser. You can go on them.

Arun

Delhi
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

Why don't you take the Hop on and Hop off Bus. The most convenient way to see the places and with a guide and introduction to all the places.

Please visit http://www.hohodelhi.com/ E-Mail : customercare@hohodelhi.com

Customer Care: 011-40940000

You can also get a car for Rs 1100 with a limit of 8 hours and 80 kilometers.

Enjoy Delhi

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
321 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

Many many thanx, roymaya.

Actually I knew nothing about Hop on and Hop off Bus service.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
353 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

HOHO is definitely what you should be looking at. Its air conditioned, comes with a free English speaking guide (only on bus though) and you get to cover all these destination in a day. But my question is that do you really think you could visit all these places in a day. It's like you want to touch and go every destination in Delhi. Just walking the entire premises of Red Fort will take you hours.

Then Qutb Minar is not just a minar its a group of monuments and if you pay visit to everyone that are inside the Qutub Minar complex including the time it will take you to buy the ticket and enter, I'll say again you need more than an hour. Humayun's Tomb will again take you an hour if you also plan to pay visit to other monuments inside the complex. Firuz Shah Kotla is just Jami Masjid and Pyramidal Structure and a baoli which is locked so I'll give it 1/2 an hour to an hour if you are not interested in history of architecture. If yes then again it's more than an hours.

And the Hauz Khas Village; are you going for shopping or visit the Madrsa and tomb of Firuz Shah. Do you want to get inside the deer park and see the royal tank up close and personal along with Bagh-e-Alam ka Gumbad? Give yourself an hour if its heritage you are interested in.

In Lodi Garden is it a walk or the Tombs and Mosque as well? There are two tombs, 2 gumbads, 1 mosque and various small towers and structures. Even walking the entire park takes time

And believe me same is the case with every place that you are planning to visit not to mention the time you'll spend on road and lunch and snacks etc.

My suggestion is to visit a select view and get the most out of it.

Edited: 19 September 2013, 13:27
Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
321 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One day tour in New Delhi on 12th Oct. 2013

Many many thanx, dear Chandra81. Yes, I have managed 3 days in Delhi to visit most of the places. I have interest in old history, but I understand, 2 or 3 days are a little span of time to visit of all places.