We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side Middle in Garib Rath

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
142 posts
39 reviews
Side Middle in Garib Rath

I recently bought tickets for 3AC in Delhi-Varanasi Garib Rath and to my surprise the berth allotted was SM.Never came across this sort of birth in any other trains in India. How can you sit in day time if you have SM allocation? I could guess it gonna be a terrible journey :-(

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Side Middle in Garib Rath

It is not going to be comfortable journey.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Side Middle in Garib Rath

The best will be if you talk with TT if any problem with sitting or seats

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,762 posts
465 reviews
3. Re: Side Middle in Garib Rath

Garib Rath still continues with the side middle berth,which is a pain to travel,especially during day journeys.The other issue in Garib Rath is standing in a queue & paying Rs.25.00 to hire blankets,pillows & bedsheets.It is ridiculous.Wish the Indian Railways be more people friendly & change with the times.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
206 reviews
4. Re: Side Middle in Garib Rath

never knew something like a side middle existed- never ever seen it

5. Re: Side Middle in Garib Rath

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 10:56
Mumbai, India
1 post
6. Re: Side Middle in Garib Rath

hahahaha...i just booked a ticket to jaipur and i tried so much to get a lower or upper berth, but my transaction kept failing as my preference was 'provide me with at least one lower berth'. Finally with my preference as 'None' I got a middle berth (going) and Side middle berth (coming). For bed rolls a checked the bed roll option on the booking page.

Now im wondering if im going to get a pillow and a sheet as ive already selected the option and paid accordingly, but there's no such notification on the ticket. So???????

since Im 5.11, im also wondering how ill manage on the side middle berth !?!?!?!??!?!

will i get a bed roll or will i have to pay again???

will the tc change my seat???

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
7. Re: Side Middle in Garib Rath

did you get the bed roll finally ?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
353 posts
56 reviews
8. Re: Side Middle in Garib Rath

You guessed it right. It's gonna be terrible journey indeed. Imagine a middle berth in side berths. What used to be the best place to get seat at is now is the most messy place.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
9. Re: Side Middle in Garib Rath

well thatz terrible. we should not have such pain in as* seat in our railways. anyhow try to get best out of it, do not make it more painful by thinking a lot about this one....

chill and try to get some bed-sheet from home, that might be better option...

Level Contributor
63 posts
10. Re: Side Middle in Garib Rath

ya agree with u . thats terrible n horable journy dont cancel yr ticket n just try to get another ticket by a agent if u get a center bearth than get yr old ticket canceld