We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

I just came across this banner by Indian Railways on their official website that a New Executive Loungue is being started at New Delhi Railway Station for Train Travellers and Iam sure this is being started keeping in mind of the International Tourists. Its been setup on Platform No. 16 and the full link is provided below.

https:/…20IRCTC.jpg

S M
Merseyside
Level Contributor
607 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Thanks

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Its useful information to share . Thank you ratanpasad .

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Thank you for this useful post.

Edited: 22 February 2013, 16:44
India
Level Contributor
117 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Thanks for the nice info. This also got some media coverage in recent past.

Perhaps someone who has used the facility may give us a first hand account of one's experience here.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Actual Images

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

3 hour stay in a Fully Air-conditioned Environment, Unlimited Veg, Non- Veg Buffet, Use of Neat & Clean Toilets all inclusive at a meagre cost of Rs.300/- or 5 USD. Additional Facilities include- Wash & Shower, Business Centre and Shopping at global Travel Retail Store- WHSmith where you can buy all amenities a passenger looks for which include- Books, Magazines, Confectionery, Beverages, Personal Care Products, Travel Accessories and much more.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

The Lounge is located right at the entrance of the New Delhi Railway Station from Platform No-16, Ajmeri Gate Side in front of the IRCTC Tourist Facilitation Centre

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
20 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

The banner when clicked on the irctc.co.in menu most often never works. I learned about it from your posting. Thank you for the information. Just to add here that the facility should be free for 1st AC passengers for the rest it can be Rs.300 for 3 hrs. This too is a bit stringent I thought. Who comes to the station 3 hours early?? Probably the only people who spend 3 hrs at a station are the ones waiting for a connecting train. So I think its quite unfair to fix a cap of 3 hrs. It should be on hourly basis.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

The original post was in February so there is no guarantee that the link will still work. The lounge is being provided as Premium Services to maintain the standard I guess specifically keeping in mind of International Travellers.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
20 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Haha. The New Delhi Railway Station is probably the worst station in the country. Trust me. By the way, the link still works. Thanks again.

Edited: 13 May 2013, 19:11