We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Car and Driver in Delhi

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Private Car and Driver in Delhi

I recently travelled to India on business and wanted to stop in Delhi on the way back to see Agra and the Taj. I see many request for car and driver recommendations here, so I would like to wholeheartedly recommend Mr. Pankaj Singh (pankajsingh555@yahoo.com).

Not only is he a safe and courteous driver, he has an excellent knowledge of the area and speaks English very well. Plus he has a new Toyota Innova that is in excellent condition. Both me and my wife (separate trips) have used him, as well as other company colleagues and we've all been extremely satisfied. He'll make your trip comfortable and fun!

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

Good to know....

So how did you find him ? It's little difficult here to distinguish between a post plugging somebody and a real reco.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

I found him through a chain of HP colleagues...my wife's boss recommended him, then my wife used him 1 year ago, she then recommended him to others and me for my recent trip. We've all been very happy. Of course Pankaj asked me for a recommendation on Trip Advisor...fortunately I have no absolutely no reservations in recommending him . He's a nice guy. He is trying to start an independent business now, after working for others for some years.

As a side note, I got to meet his family in his village outside of Delhi. His wife cooked dinner ... it was interesting and fun for me to see a bit of the 'real' India, more than the big hotels.

-Paul

ottawa
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

I followed Paul C's advice (the original poster above) and hired Pankaj Singh. Pankaj spent two days driving me around the tourist sights of Delhi, and then 4 days driving me around Delhi and Gurgaon for various business meetings. So I got to know Pankaj very well.

I agree with everything Paul C says about him. He is indeed a careful and courteous driver. I only had two rules for Pankaj: (i) that he be on time and (ii) that he not use his cellphone while driving. Pankaj did a great job and I was always on time for my meetings.

He drives a very new and clean Toyota Innova that can seat up to 5 (or 6 I guess) passengers. He does not smoke.

Pankaj even bought hand sanitizer for the car because he thought I would need it after my meetings. How thoughtful.

When my plans changed a few times, I was able to e-mail Pankaj from my Blackberry and he always replied within minutes. He never travelled more than a few metres from where he dropped me off so he was always close by.

Though I had a very early flight and could have taken the hotel car, Pankaj insisted on driving me to the airport. He would have invited me to his home for dinner like he did Paul, but I had no time.

I can recommend Pankaj without reservation.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 20:53
Fountain Hills, AZ
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

I too have just used Pankaj because of Paul's recommendation. I and 2 friends used him for 2 days of driving around Delhi. He was on time, the car was spotless and he was a careful driver. Just be clear on where you want to go and he'll take you there. I contacted him at pankajsingh555@yahoo.com He also has 2 brothers that have the same cars and are also available for drives to other areas.

Fountain Hills, AZ
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

I would like to post a picture but can't seem to get it in.

Orinda, Ca
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

Thanks for the info about the driver. What is his cost per day. Does he guide too?

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

Drivers don't act as guide...they stay with cars while the tourist are doing tours.Guides have permission to walk with tourist inside the monuments.They can explain various things.

Regards

Rashid Agra

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

Thank you for all this information. I will definitely send him an email to this guy.

San Diego
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

We returned from India couple days ago and we did want to hire Mr. Pankaj Singh as our driver. Pankaj was busy during our dates but he arranged that his brother Anu will take over. Anu did a wonderful job. We were on our schedule all the time, never late, very safe and had a lot of fun. I would recommend Pankaj or Anu to our friends / readers of this forum.

Waubay, South Dakota
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Car and Driver in Delhi

I was in India on business and my husband joined me to see the Taj Mahal. Mr. Pankaj Singh spent 2 days taking very good care of us and teaching us about the areas of India that we traveled. His English is excellent and he kept us supplied in bottled water and snacks. He takes great care of his car too.

We can recommend Pankaj as a driver and tour guide. He also knows the good places to shop!