We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Service from Delhi to Kerala

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Train Service from Delhi to Kerala

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if there is any train service from Delhi to Kerala? I thought it would be a great experience to travel via train compared to taking a domestic flight.

Btw, Kochi,Cochin,Tiruvandrum - which one of these is Kerala?

I've tried to look up indian railway website and found it kind of confusing and I cant seem to find an answer on how much it would cost to take a 1st class AC room/cabin.

Kindly appreciate your help! Thank you!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
296 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Service from Delhi to Kerala

Hi,

There are several trains from Delhi to Kerala. The major ones are:

1. Swarna Jayanti (12644) (only on Friday)

2. MNGLA LKSDP EXP (12618) (All days)

3. Kerala Express (12626) (All Days)

4. DDN KCVL SUP EX (Only on Monday)

5. NZM ERS DURONTO (Only on Saturday)

6. TRIVNDRM RJDHNI (Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday)

1st class AC will be in NZM ERS DURONTO (fare INR 5900) and TRIVNDRM RJDHNI (fare INR 6255).

Kochi and Cochin are the same. And Trivandrum is used as Thiruvananthpuram at some places. Both are in Kerala!! For C

The station names are:

- TRIVANDRUM CNTL (TVC) for Trivandrum

- ERNAKULAM TOWN (ERN) and COCHIN HRBR TMS (CHTS) for Kochi (Cochin)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Service from Delhi to Kerala

The Trivandrum Rajdhani Express is the fastest and the best. Meals are served on-board at no extra expense. It is included in your ticket.

The Mangla Lakshadweep Express has the best route. It travels through the Konkan route.

I would suggest you take the TVM Rajdhani Exp.

Titus.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,388 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Service from Delhi to Kerala

If you are planning to travel in 1st A/C better to use flight. Delhi - Cochin - flight cost & train cost would be more less same.

Train will take more than 40 hours --- see the schedule :

www.erail.in

If plan to use train better to cut your journey somewhere like -- Delhi - Mumbai- Cochin or Delhi - Goa- Cochin so you do not have to sit in train for 02 days.

4. Re: Train Service from Delhi to Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 01:48