We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palika Bazar

Tezpur, Assam, India
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Palika Bazar

I had visited Palika Bazar in Delhi this July and did some shopping there. But most of the things I purchased, except cloths, are fake. For example one of the shops selling electronic items, had sold a 16GB pen-drive to me for Rs. 200/-, but when checked at home, to my utter surprise, I found only the outer case of the pen-drive, sealed neatly, with brand name "Kingstone" and there was nothing inside the outer case of the pen-drive. While approached the next day, the shop keeper denied selling any pen-drive to me. Later I had gathered that most of the items (like electronic items, Perfumes, etc.) are fake. My advice to you my friends, do not fall prey to these cheats running shops inside Palika Bazar.

Jaipur, Rajasthan...
Level Contributor
142 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palika Bazar

Palika bazar full of scamers do not buy anything from there, there are other markets u can try Lajpat nagar, etc

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
774 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palika Bazar

Hi,

I m fully agre with " pawan663 " and with " YogeshKhatri1... " related Palika bazar.its completelly true that maximum shopkeepers cheating the peoplle here in palika bazar.

Dharmapuri, India
Level Contributor
646 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palika Bazar

myself also got experience all electronics things are fake better avoid pallika bazzar better shop at cp

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palika Bazar

everything in palika bazar is fake - you shd have gathered information before going...anyways what is done is done...for next time you can try nehru place market for computer peripherals and central mkt. lajpat ngr for perfumes etc - genuine products and no fakes

Gurgaon, India
Level Contributor
225 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palika Bazar

You have to use some commonsense and no body can fool you.

where in india you will get a 16 gb pendrive for rs 200 ???

The perfume & deo you are talking about, i am sure you must have purchased 3 deo for rs 150 , can anyone tell me where in the world will you get an orignal deo for just ts 50.

Palika bazaar is just good for buying covers for phones , i pads , tablets , cheap clothes , game cds for ps 2,3 x box , pirated dvd ,.

Dont buy cameras , phones and other electronic goods , perfumes , healthcare products , from palika.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,606 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palika Bazar

If you visit this scam bazar buy only what mohit suggests. If you have local known person from Delhi . They know adject how to handle the scams.

Level of bargain is higher and different.

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
700 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palika Bazar

Don't buy electronics item from Palika Bazaar. If you want to buy other things also, you should bargain a lot. Be careful next time.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palika Bazar

well its a bad experience and i would like to mention, that a smart buyer can not be conned anywhere in the world

it always happens when you fall in their trap i visit Palika at least once a month and have bought number of items from there, especially pirated DVD's and Games for ps3 and Xbox

i do buy electronics from this market such as Sony cyber shot camera's and handycams and have always bought genuine stuff coz i know which shop sells original and which doesn't

i bought computer mouse, headphones with mic and a web cam and even they were all genuine my friends have even bought Sony play station 2 and Xbox 360 from this market and have never been disappointed

u have to be careful and check your belongings as you make payments and make sure of the product before you leave the shop.

9. Re: Palika Bazar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 January 2013, 00:35
10. Re: Palika Bazar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 12:46