We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My head hurts with all this planning

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
488 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
My head hurts with all this planning

Hi TA, we're staying in Delhi for 3 nights.. Want to visit the taj but don't want to go by train.. Would have liked to visit japuir but we've messed up with our flights & this can't be changed....Can anyone suggest a good tour company that can take us to Agra & also we would like to do a tour of Delhi... Any suggestions would be really appreciated..

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My head hurts with all this planning

I just booked a 2-week trip using someone who really worked with me by phone to give me what I was looking for. She listened and customized for me.

Give her a try perhaps. She gave me individualized tours. You can try Susan at Geringer Global Travel susan@geringerglobaltravel.com

Tel: 203 216 7106 877 255 7438

I haven't gone on the trip yet so can only say she's been helpful in the planning process.

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My head hurts with all this planning

No need to go through a travel operator.There are suggestions and advices for drivers on this site or the hotel where you are going to stay in Delhi ask the reception to arrange a car for the whole trip.

If you want to drive to Agra from Delhi normally it takes 4-5 hours one way.

We are looking forward for a new express way to operate in coming time it will reduce the traveling time between Delhi-Agra.

Thanks

Rashidagraindia

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,158 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My head hurts with all this planning

If you have three nights in Delhi, then it can work like this:

OPTION 1

Day 1 - Arrive Delhi, transfer to hotel. Overnight Delhi (most flights come in at night, when does yours arrive? Can you get any sightseeing done on this day?)

Day 2 - Day excursion to Agra by road

Day 3 - Delhi sightseeing

Day 4 - Fly out - again, when is your flight? I am assuming a morning flight in this case. But in case you have a flight at night, then I would suggest a different plan. See option 2 below.

OPTION 2

Day 1 - Arrive Delhi, transfer to hotel. Overnight Delhi

Day 2 - Drive to Agra, visit Agra Fort. Sunset view of Taj Mahal from other side of river.

Day 3 - Visit Taj Mahal at sunrise and return to Delhi via Fatehpur Sikri

Day 4 - Delhi sightseeing and fly out

There is yet another possibility, if you don't mind a rushed itinerary, you can add Jaipur.

OPTION 3

Day 1 - Arrive Delhi, transfer to hotel. Overnight Delhi

Day 2 - Morning 2hr express train to Agra, visit Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. Drive to Jaipur.

Day 3 - Jaipur sighsteeing and drive to Delhi

Day 4 - Delhi sightseeing and fly out

It would really help to know your flights, so that the correct plan can be suggested.

Regards

Deepa

Jersey City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: My head hurts with all this planning

If you are an International Traveler, I'd suggest going through a reputable and insured Tour operator from your country, so you can be rest assured of the quality and safety of your trip.

If you are traveling from US, I'd suggest I Tour India. http://www.ITourIndia.com.

I frequently travel to India and I always travel with a tour operator. Costs a few bucks more than traveling on my own, but worth it. Saves me a lot of time and I feel safe.

For the last 3 trips to India I have been traveling with I Tour India. Out of all the tour operators I have traveled with so far, these guys are very professional and I'm very happy with their service.

- Sandra Smith

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My head hurts with all this planning

If you want to include Jaipur also it will not do justice to any place. Better leave Jaipur this time and do an overnight trip to Agra by road.

deepak

6. Re: My head hurts with all this planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2012, 20:03
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
488 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My head hurts with all this planning

Thankyou for all your replies, very much appreciated...

We arrive in Delhi from Mumbai at about 12.30 pm..staying for 3 nights.. We leave Delhi on a 10.00 am flight to Varanasi..

The train to Agra leaves a bit too early for us as after doing a lot of travelling already, we'll be wanting a bit of a lie in, hence that's why we're thinking of using a driver instead..

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,158 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My head hurts with all this planning

If you want to leave Delhi later after breakfast, it won't work well as a day trip. Try staying overnight in Agra.

Day 1 - Arrive Delhi 12:30 pm, drive to Agra. Overnight Agra

Day 2 - Visit Taj Mahal and Agra Fort and return to Delhi via Fatehpur Sikri

Day 3 - Delhi sightseeing

Day 4 - Fly out 10 a.m.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
488 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My head hurts with all this planning

Thanks Deepa,

Think that's a better idea..

Do u suggest I use the same tour company to take me to Agra & pick me up the following day?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,158 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My head hurts with all this planning

If you google Delhi to Agra tours you will get a wide range of tour operators, write to a few of them and see what you get. It would be very convenient to get a vehicle for usage from your arrival in Delhi upto departure. Vehicles in India are charged garage to garage, so if you are using a vehicle to take you to Agra, you can use the same vehicle to come back the next day, rather than sending it back empty (you will pay for the empty vehicle anyway).