We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

I need to shop for some more lavish traditional outfits (prefer leggings and top) for a wedding I will be attending in the North. I am staying in Defence Colony. Can someone please suggest best location and expected pricing for one outfit? I believe I am approximately size 50.

I will also want a plain white cotton set of leggings and tunic for the festival of colours. Same info required. Best place to shop and expected price...

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

You can try the following places in Delhi:

1) Designer Rajesh Pratap's store in Lodhi Colony, Delhi. It is like a hospital it has an operation bed, nurse beds. And Manish Arora's store in Crescent, Delhi. The walls have funky 3 D graphics. If you wear 3 D glasses, you will feel like you are floating!!

2) Sarojini Nagar, Delhi, has every- thing from one-off samples to export surplus at affordable prices!

3) The courtyard area in front of Hanuman Mandir, just off Connaught Place, Delhi, has many bangle and bindi stalls. Suhaag, Shop B17m is well regarded.

4) Moon River in Defence Colony, New Delhi.

5) Gyans at MGF Metropolitan mall Saket.

6) The Defence Colony flyover market hosts many boutique shops.

You can also shop Jute slip-ons from Kulu at Himachal Pradesh Emporium, Delhi. They have a silk lining, beautiful craftsman- ship and are also fashionably right.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

Hi AussieGirlAly

I would suggest that you go to Saket which has 3 malls right next to each other. So many stores and boutiques are housed there, you will be spoilt for choice!

Happy Shopping!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

"Fab India " store all around Delhi is what you should look for - cheap and best quality fabrics available with them

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

TravelAlong,

FabIndia wont be suitable for 'lavish traditional outfits', dont you think?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

ofcourse not and i guess there were may suggestions for that already so i just answered the second part of her questions

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

Thanks heaps for all the options offered. Can anyone give me some idea of pricing? And I'm talking fair trade - I don't want to be overcharged and I don't want to exploit a vendor either....

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

a Lavish ladies traditional suit can cost you 10,000 to 1 lakh indian rupees depending on the material used and the embroiderery pattern and the techniques used

a traditional Lavish lehnga will cost upwards of 30,000/- again depending on the same factors and can go upto 3-4 Lakhs

best place to get this at a reasonable price would be chabbra 555 and Kala Kriti store in the by lanes of Chandni Chowk coz what these people at Chandni Chowk sell would be Available at the Showrooms at double the cost

Gurgaon, India
Level Contributor
224 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

Visit streets chandni chowk and do not forget to bargain being a foreginer they will quote you almost two to three times of orignal price of cloth

9. Re: Traditional women's dress shopping and prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:25