We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Trains ?

fleetwood
Level Contributor
430 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with Trains ?

I have booked a train with Cleartrip from Agra to Delhi (station H. Nizamuddin) is this station near to New Delhi airport? how far away is it?

Also I may want to amend my train for an earlier one, do I have to cancel and rebook ??

Train arrives at 2.15 pm and my flight is at 5.15pm is this enought time to get from staton to airport for check in?

Thanks for any info.

MUMBAI,INDIA
Level Contributor
174 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Trains ?

Dear Shaun,

i guess you will be short of time because international flights from india require a check in before 2.5 to 3 hours before the flight timings.

secondly one can be never sure about the arrival of the train on the right time to the station. it can get delayed. this plan can be very hectic for you.

you need to cancel your tickets and look for earlier train. before cancelling make sure that you have booked a new ticket of some other train otherwise you will be left with none.

the distance between the airport and railway station is around 15 to 20 kms.. which takes 40 mins to 1 hour depending on the traffic..

regards

Saumya

Delhi
Level Contributor
84 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Trains ?

Shaun,

Book a train which arrives atleast 6 hrs before your fight departure.

which month are you travelling, these days due to heavy fog trains are getting delayed by hours......

rgds

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Trains ?

You should be at airport at least 3-4hours before departure. I myself advise people to plan there tour so that you are in Delhi a night before your departure for home. Long distance trains can be late so take care.

deepak.

fleetwood
Level Contributor
430 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Trains ?

Thanks will amend my train times

5. Re: Help with Trains ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2013, 15:49