We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Topic
Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

We want to visit ajmeer (1 day stay) agra and delhi (1 day stay)from kerala. Sir, please provide the route details and taxi fare in delhi

Please mail to me : malivm36@gmail.com

regards,

Moh.ali

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

You can take a train - Delhi to Ajmer: it's very convenient.

12015 AJMER SHTBDI NDLS 06.05 AII 12.45

After visiting the dargah you can also visit Pushkar, spend the night in Pushkar, and then next day go from Ajmer to Agra:

12196 AII AF INTERCIT AII 14.50 AF 21.30

After that, next morning you can see Taj and Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri, then take the evening train to Delhi.

12001 NDLS SHATABDI E P AGC 20.30 NDLS 22.30

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

The best possible itinerary is given above by Deepa. Stick to it.

The radio taxi in Delhi costs 15 rupees per kilometer (2010 rate). The more popular option to go around the city is auto rickshaw, which is easily available at most places. Metro could be the other alternative if you want to save time and money.

Vivek

Edited: 29 January 2011, 20:26
Agra, India
Level Contributor
678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

Hello,

the best way is train l. shatabadi express. (DELHI-AJMAR-AGRA-DELHI)

Ajmer Shtbdi (12015)

NEW DELHI- AJMER

departure time at..06:05 am

Arrival in Ajmer at ..12:45 pm

Toatal time duration ..6h 40m

Total stops 5 stops

total cost..Rs. 621

Aii Af Intercit (12196)

AJMER - AGRA FORT

Departure time at 14:50

Arrival time at 21:30

Total time duration 6h 40m

Total 8 stops

Total Rs. 441 for CC .AC

Ndls Shatabdi E (12001)

AGRA CANTT - NEW DELHI

Departure at 20:30

Arrival at 22:30

Total time duration 2h 0m

Total 2 stops

Total Rs. 448 for AC Chair car

in every city you can hire a local car for sight seen..

you need to book all the tickets in advance. www.cleartrip.com

Regards

Raja

Edited: 29 January 2011, 22:54
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

Yes, definitely the train.

5. Re: Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 21:02
Edited: 30 January 2011, 21:02
Agra, India
Level Contributor
678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

Assalamualekum,

in Ajmer you can try hotel Jannet near dargah very good with Halal Food.

regards

Raja

Hyderabad, India
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

Just came across this while trying to find information on a trip to North India and posting for information for others. Around Ajmer, there is a fort?called Taragarh, shiny mica speckled stones all the way up the hilly path year ago, I remember, and a lake called Anasagar. are there any other places to visit othe than the above.

Also, I never heard about Pushkar as a tourist town year round, but I know it is known for the Pushkar Mela once in every year or years? Not sure. But can't understand why people here recommend Pushkar for people visiting Ajmer, are there no good places/hotels to spend the night in Ajmer itself? I might visit Ajmer and would like to know. Thanks in advance.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

yeah there ain't so many good hotel tp spend the night so most of them prefer to stay over night either in Pushkar or come back to jaipur doing a day trip to Ajmer.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

If you are coming by train from Kerala. You can get down at Agra Cantt. station as most of the trains on that route stop at Agra Cantt.

From Agra take Agra-Ajmer Exp. From Ajmer to Jaipur and Delhi. Other wise follow ity. given by Deepa ji.

deepak

chittagong
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ajmeer Darga-Agra-New Delhi

I am from bangladesh. I am coming to delhi at midnight of 21st january. Will leave on 26th january. wanna go to ajmer and agra and complete the trip by maximum 2 days, as I wanna stay 2 days in delhi. can I go to ajmer at night bus so that i can avoid whole day journey. Whats the time to return from ajmer to delhi in train, I couldnt find anywhere the time in net. Please help me urgently to make my plan.