We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking Delhi

Guangzhou, China
2 posts
Save Topic
Biking Delhi

Hi there,

I am planning a trip to Delhi for one week, beginning next Friday 10/1/10. I am interested in cycling around Delhi as well as any mountain biking or other "cycle touring" that I should not miss in the area. I would also love any advice about great spots to eat.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Ryan

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biking Delhi

Hi Ryan

'Delhi By Cycle' conducts bike tours in Delhi. To start with, taking a tour with them could be a good idea before you start biking on your own. Ask them for advice.

If you are planning to bike for longer, buying a bike/mountain bike could be a good idea. You can buy a bike from Jhandewalan cycle market near Paharganj which has plenty of cycle shops.

Try Karim's for Non-veg, one of the best places to eat. If you are looking for real Delhi experience, try having a midday street meal at 'Shankar Market' outer circle Connaught place. Dilli Haat also has plenty of food stall, you can try delicacies from different parts of India there.

Vivek

Guangzhou, China
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Biking Delhi

Dear Vivek,

Thank you very much for the help! I will definitely check out all of the recommendations you have given to me. I'm really looking forward to my first trip to Delhi.

Take care,

Ryan

3. Re: Biking Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 10:53