We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

Chicago, IL
7 posts
Save Topic
Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

My wife and I are visiting Delhi for the first time in mid-Nov. We have two kids ages 5 and 2. We will be staying for 4 nights before we go to Agra and Jaipur.

We were recommended Intercontinental Nehru Place, and at about Rs.8000 per night (plus tax), it seems reasonable to us, and within our budget. We are looking at hotels that have good services, restaurants, and fairly large rooms.

Wondering what people thought about this hotel. Someone mentioned that this hotel may be undergoing renovations. Are there enough options to eat around the hotel? I realize there are a few restaurants at the hotel itself. Are IC Eros and IC Nehru Place the same??

Also, I believe it will take about 4 hours to drive from Delhi to Agra. Is this accurate?

Also, how long a drive is it a from Agra to Jaipur, with a stop at Fatehpur-Sikri?

I am sure I will have more questions, but any insights are truly appreciated.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

Hi Bab1012,

The Intercontinental Eros is an excellent hotel, it's a 5 star Hotel with all the morden luxuries........IC Eros and IC Nehru Place is the same.....I think for Nov. 8000 + Tax is a very good price for IC......

Dekhi to Agra is about 4.5 Hrs drive.....

Agra to Jaipur including the stop at Fatehpursikri would take you around 7 Hrs......

If you have any more questions, please ask......

Happy Traveling....

Sunil

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

Yes Both of them are same....

This is more of a business hotel than a leisure hotel, as Nehru Place is a Business District. There are many restaurants around. Since it's close to Delhi -Agra road you may save some time on Delhi - Agra travel, which is likely to take around 5 Hrs.

If you want to be at a more central location than you may go for

Agra to Jaipur travel is also around 5 Hrs. you may add whatever time you take at Fatehpur Sikri. Enroute you may visit exquisite Abhaneri step well too.

Happy to help further.

Chicago, IL
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

Thanks for the replies.

I think i will go forward with the reservations at IC Nehru Place.

We are planning on staying 2 nights in Jaipur, and then flying to Bombay (Sorry it is still Bombay to me since I grew up there :-) )

Though the Oberoi is within our budget, I believe it is about 11kms from the city? What do you guys recommend - Taj Rambagh Palace, or the Oberoi Rajvillas?

Chicago, IL
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

I should mention that Rambagh or Oberoi is not typpically within our budget. IC Nehru is more like it. But since this will probably be a trip which we won't do for a long time to come, we are splurging on a couple cities.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

if you want authentic palace experience and wish to experience the rich cultural heritage of Jaipur, then nothing beats Rambagh Palace. And it's very convenient for siteseeing as it's centrally located.

I'll prefer Rambagh over Rajvilas.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

Raj Vilas and Ram Bagh....both are extraordinary.....Given a chance I would accept either......only difference is Rambagh is more centrally located....Rajvilas is located outside the city......

Happy Traveling.......

Sunil

Chicago, IL
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

I just called the front desk at IC Nehru Place, and they told me that renovations are underway at the hotel.

I am not sure how bad it will be at the hotel. Anybody have any idea??

Thanks for all your help.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

As other posters have pointed out IC Nehru Place is best described as a business hotel. It takes care of all your needs but by no stretch of imagination will it be scenic. Its also next to one of Delhi's busiest crossings - you might want to plan your day itineraries in non-peak traffic time.

Here's a thread for food options around Nehru Place:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g304551-i3482-k291…

You will need a cab to take you to Defence Colony, GK II and East of Kailash. The Satyam Cinecomplex just round the corner has several quick-eat options - I recall spotting Noodle house, Mcdonalds, Subway and Ruby Tuesday.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

If you wish to be at a more central location, you may choose to stay at Connaught place. You may checkout Hans Plaza there as other hotels like Park or Lalit will be around Rs. 10,000 per day.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying at IC Nehru Place (Eros?), then to Agra n Jaipur.

That hotel was peviously known as Park Royal .