We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caper travel company

Lisbon
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Caper travel company

I am trveling to India on April and I arrange my tours with Caper travel Company, Golden Triangle + Varanasi, if you have already travel with them let me know how did it work.

Mentioned in this post
Caper Travel
Caper Travel
203 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India
Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
14 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Caper travel company

Just wanted to let you know about our experience w/ Caper Travel. The travel company doesn't really talk to the local representatives. What is on the itinerary is not what you will be getting. You will likely be paying for things that will not be provided. Then, when you ask about it, the local folks will say that there wasn't time or it is not possible. (We go charge for elephant tours that didn't exist. We e-mailed caper because we heard that they were not possible. They insisted that they were possible. They charged us. We got to the National Parks. They did not do elephant trips. They refused to refund any money.) The travel company will say that you should have called them at the time of the trouble. We were disgusted by the way we were treated by the local reps. One tried to charge us double entry fee and pocket it! Every place that they take you: marble shop, rug makers, fabric shop, jewelery shop - the local reps get a kick back. This is part of their custom. However, the local guides try to put a LOT of pressure on you to go to these places. My best advice is to bring your itinerary with you. When ANYTHING is wrong, call the person you booked with immediately to get it worked out. Do not wait until the end of your trip (They will not refund anything). Do not let the local reps push you around - they are lazy and will get away with doing as little as possible. They get paid regardless of what they do. Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Caper Travel
Caper Travel
203 Reviews
New Delhi, India
MALTA
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Caper travel company

Hi, we are going to India , Nepal and Bhutan with Caper in November 2009. Did you find Caper good?

Im a bit worried about teh 50% deposit direct to their bank account, etc. Good hotels?

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
23. Re: Caper travel company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2009, 17:03
San Jose, California
8 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Caper travel company

I just got back from India. I booked a trip with Caper Travel for 3 days to visit Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. I paid them in full before I left via wire transfer. I was greeted with Caper representatives at every arrivals and my last departure. I was also met with local representatives at every locations. They did take us to one or two shops at every destination. However, they always asked us if we are ok with it. We usually made the shop tours very quick as we didn't want to waste our time. The 4*hotel we stayed in were good: Howard Park Plaza (in Agra - convenience location), Mansingh Palace (in Jaipur - convenience location), and The Claremont (in Delhi - remote location). Don't have a high expectation on the hotels and you won't be disappointed :) Do not eat at Indiana restaurant in Jaipur as the food and service were not good.

Mentioned in this post
Caper Travel
Caper Travel
203 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
San Jose, California
8 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Caper travel company

Thanks to seetheworld02. It was very sound advice. We followed the advice and our trip was great.

Idaho
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Caper travel company

I just returned from a 15 day tour that I booked w/ Caper. It was great. I was met at the airport after going through customs and getting my luggage. The drivers were great and most of the tour guides were wonderful as well. Overall it was a great experience. Best of luck!

JOhannesburg
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Caper travel company

Hello I noticed your trip was in 2008, I am currenlty arranging my trip through CAPER. I would appreciate your feedback regarding their service and reliability

regards

Lisbon
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Caper travel company

I posted my opinion already, but I posted again.

"Hi! I just return from India, and I must say I love it!! Caper Travel company were fantastic, when we arrived at the airport there was some from the company with a flower’ necklace and we drive to the hotel in the center of Delhi. We visit Delhi in a car with ac and a guide who spoke English, and that happen in every other city we visit. The drive was always the same in Delhi, Jaipur and Agra. From Agra to Varanasi we went by train and that was a very radical experience (I recommend 1st class sleeper, because 2nd class sleeper is very bad), and return to Delhi by airplane (Spice Jet) and thatwas a good trip too.

In each city the travel company send us always a person who represent them in other to give us all the information for that city and is contact in case of an emergency.

So, I recommend Caper Travel Company because they are definitely very professionals. "

Mentioned in this post
Caper Travel
Caper Travel
203 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India
Dover KENT u>k>
4 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Caper travel company

I and three friends, all of us ladies over 65, are travelling to India on the 17th October 2009 having booked with Caper Travel, and paid half the maney in advance. We are flying to delhi, then visit Shimla, back on the Toy train to Delhi. Delhi then Neeramna fort on the way to Jaipur, Jaipur, then Agra, with two visits to the Taj. On to Varanasi, then Katmandu, and finally Chitwan. I will send our findings on return. So far we have had fantatstic help from Caper Travel, booking Hotels which I researced, and therefore I will let you know how it all went. BJP. U.K.

Mentioned in this post
Caper Travel
Caper Travel
203 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Shimla
Shimla
Shimla District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India
Dover KENT u>k>
4 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Caper travel company

I have just returned from my first trip to India and Nepal organised with Caper Travel. It has been fantastic. At each section of the journey we were met. The hotels which we had researched ourselves and Caper had booked, were fantastic, the tour guides were well informed and when we said that we were tired and needed to go back to the hotel they did as asked. Yes we did go to some shops with them, but we had a choice. As four ladies travelling alone we were very well cared for, our drivers were very good, even though we are unused to such traffic, and animals on the road. Our trip to Kathmandu was amazing, and on to Chitwan where we went on safris for a day and half. I would not return to Katmandu unless I had to the polution and the politics are horrendous, but the care we were shown by the local guide was excellent. But the dirt and grime!!?? I should have read more about Nepal before I went.

India lived up to expectations, Shimla was a green haven if you can put up with the British having ruled India from there. Delhi a noisey capital with the commonwealth games coming next year, Jaipur absolutely fantastic, beautiful palaces to visit, and inforgetable Agra, the 2 visits to the Taj Mahal were beautiful, we were quite moved ny its beauty, but do stay at the Amarvillas hotel which looks out on to the Taj itself. If possible visit Varanasi, we stayed on the river side at the Rashmis Guest House, right in the thick of things, night ceremonies, and a sunrise boat ride. If you want to see the colours of India that is the place.

I can honestly say that I hope to return to Indai oneday, and have no hesitation of recomending Caper Travel Co. Our lady in the office was Monika Singh, she could not have worked harded for us. Never once saying that we were a nuisance with our questions and querries. We started planning the trip in March, and it took place in October. Give yourself time to research the hotel and the places to visit, get a good guide book, and go for it.

Jacquelin-BP

Mentioned in this post
Caper Travel
Caper Travel
203 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Shimla
Shimla
Shimla District, India