We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi Int airport rest

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
6 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Delhi Int airport rest

I am a 45+ Indian woman travelling alone from the US to Delhi via Bangkok. My flight arrives Delhi Int at midnight and my friends have arrannged for a rental car to take me to Dehradun. However, I am a bit leery of driving off at midnight. Is it safe to do so? If not, is there somewhere I can spend a few hours in a motel near the airport or even at the airport safely and drive off at 4 am. Travelling alone I have had some bad experiences around airports in India. Please advise!

GOA
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi Int airport rest

pls dont travel alone in the night in delhi, i dont think thats advisable specially as u r a woman.

Uk
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi Int airport rest

You can stay at the airport for a few hours, there are comfortable seats and travel in the morning. The other option is a hotel, however if it is only for a few hours it may not be worth it.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,021 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi Int airport rest

Staying at the airport until 5:00 a.m. is a safe option, although you will not be comfortable. There might be mosquitoes, so take some repellent in any case.

If you're not on a budget, get a hotel room, and ask the hotel to pick you up.

- Deepa

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi Int airport rest

I think even 4 am is too early. Wait till day break.

5. Re: Delhi Int airport rest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 15:47