We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No option to reply to management response on my review

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
No option to reply to management response on my review

I wrote a review of a guest house and management has given a very bad reply attacking on me personally but I ain't seeing any option on portal to reply to his comments. Could anyone help me in this.

6 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,980 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: No option to reply to management response on my review

You get your chance and they get theirs.

Site does not allow series of dialogues or arguments.

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: No option to reply to management response on my review

That's ok then but what to do when I wrote all about the place and the people I interacted with and he wrote all bad about me without even meeting me in his reply e.g. I traveled from Somnath to Diu in a private taxi and reached upto the destination set as dream vision guest house as shown "reached your destination" in google map but place was still 70 mtr away and then I asked local shops mentioning the name but no one knew this guest house by name but finally I reached the place taking help of landmark's name i.e. opp. Telephone exchange so I mentioned about difficulties faced in reaching to the place.

He has replied all hypothetically that I might not have gmap or unaware of how to use it or I might have asked the tourists like me or I might not have 50 rs to hire a rickshaw from bus stand etc. All derogatory remarks about his guest whom he just met for 1 min at the time of check out.

May be he should read my review of hotel Somnath Sagar from the same trip which is all praise about everything be it amenities, staff, service. I had behaved very decent even after pathetic experience of dream vision guest house just because I was with my family else my reaction would have been way worse seeing their staff's tantrums.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
835 posts
3. Re: No option to reply to management response on my review

See if there is a facebook page of the guest house. You can take out on them in that page.

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: No option to reply to management response on my review

I agree sir but I wanted to have the discussion continued so the the guests who read my review and his reply can read what I have to say for his response. Anyway thanks for suggestion.

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,810 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: No option to reply to management response on my review

There is an option to request removal of your own review, and write a fresh review little after including your points. I'm not sure exactly how it works or if there is time limit, but you can have a look.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,578 posts
106 reviews
6. Re: No option to reply to management response on my review

You had your say, and the owner had his. End of story.

BTW, this is NOT the correct forum to raise your question.

If you want to complain about a Management Response, do it in the forum I will provide a link to, but it won’t make any difference to the outcome!

Here’s the link..

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i…

Reply to: No option to reply to management response on my review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted