We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

I have chased a few quotes for a private car and driver for the duration of our 20 day itinerary in Rajasthan, starting in Jaisalmer and ending in Agra and Delhi for flight home. (Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Kumbulgarh, Udaipur, Bundi, Ranthambore, Jaipur, Agra, Delhi for flight home).

My question is, is it better to use ONE company and driver for the whole itinerary or can I save money by splitting the itinerary into three different legs with different drivers and companies?

My quotes say they include parking/toll and driver expenses but do many car companies charge for extra kilometres?

Mentioned in this post
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Ranthambore National Park
Ranthambore National Park
Sawai Madhopur District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
14 replies to this topic
Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

Hi ,

I would suggest to hire transportation for entire trip with one company. In my view , 20 days would be long for this trip . You should add Varanasi in your trip.

For, Varanasi have to use flight or train.

In 20 Days : Delhi - 02 days > Udaipur -02 days > Jodhpur -02 > Jaisalmer- 03Days > Bikaner -01 > Jaipur -02 > Ranthambhore -02 . Agra -01> VaraNasi -02 . Delhi -01

Fly to Udaipur , in between Udaipur to Jodhpur visit Kumbhalgarh & Ranakpur .

To Jaisalmer by flight is risky as there is only one flight whereas Udaipur has many flights and also good train connection.

Bundi is not so interesting avoid it. As this destination will not fit in this itinerary.

Try to have all inclusive price. Have to take car & driver - Delhi -01 , Udaipur to Agra another & in Varanasi another.

Agra to varanasi , there are many overnight trains , flight also but operates alternative days only.

Try to hire car & driver from Delhi based travel agents even they are expensive by 10 % . Many reason & logic but do not want to go in details.

Hari Mangal

Crabtree India Travels

Mentioned in this post
Varanasi
Varanasi
Varanasi District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer District, India
Bikaner
Bikaner
Bikaner District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Kumbhalgarh
Kumbhalgarh
Rajsamand District, India
Durham
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

I think your itinerary is perfect - and you will have time to enjoy all the destinations & not be too rushed. It is much better/easier to hire one driver for the entire trip - you will get to know him & he will know you, your interests, likes, dislikes etc. Check references from past clients so you can be sure of his level of English - you will be spending a lot of time together so it is important that you can communicate. The price should include unlimited mileage & all expenses relating to the car & driver - with nothing more to pay. This gives you peace of mind & you know where you are. Generally hiring separate drivers costs more as it is the mileage that is expensive, not the driver’s time.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

Hi,

I will suggest you to hire a car and driver with one company and regarding the tour plan looks good.

Take a quote from 2 or 3 travel agents and compare the price and check their review over TA

Hope this will help you

Regards

Discovery Prime Tours

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

Hi nessofoz,

Welcome to the forum and hire a private car & driver services from 1 company would be perfect idea. You can check with multiple agents and compare the quote from each others.

Cheers,

Jitender

Go My Journey

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

Thanks to you all! Yes my preference is for one driver. We wanted a leisurely itinerary in this chaotic state! Looking forward to the trip!

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

Have a great trip and waiting for your feedback

New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

One more vote for the one driver and car, but just wanted to check your itinerary with best route, sometimes few companies make an itinerary but route is in different ways, if you have proper routine itinerary then you save your time for traveling and you can not cross the roads twice. Twenty days is good time to explore the most important State of India and kilometers are much more in your hand do to per day running and multiple days. So no one will charge you extra do to you have much more KMS in your length. Have fun with the rural and historical state Rajasthan.

Thx

Mentioned in this post
8. Re: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2018, 16:05

Durham
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

Don’t know if you have seen my recent trip report - we took our time and enjoyed it very much - a common fault is trying to cram too much in, you need time to absorb it all and enjoy it.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293…

#Post 207

Level Contributor
276 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary

I will also suggest you to hire a private Car alone with driver and search some tour plan over TripAdvisor listed with excellent reviews company.

Enjoy your trip

Regards

M_OEHAGRA

Reply to: Private car and Driver for whole itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;