We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indira Gandhi International Airport - Delhi, India

4 posts
Save Topic
Indira Gandhi International Airport - Delhi, India

Hello everyone,

Me and my wife travelling from Lithuania to Delhi, India on September 2018. We will arrive Delhi airport around 6:15 am following we have an another flight 9:50 am from Delhi to Chennai by Indigo Airlines.

I worried about the check out where we have 2 and 1/2 hours duration to catch domestic flight travelling to Chennai from Delhi.

I'm from India but my wife she is from Europe nationality would travel with E-visa document apparently how much time it will take for her to clear the check out from international airport?

Edited: 17 May 2018, 19:22
Mentioned in this post
Chennai
Chennai
Chennai District, India
4 replies to this topic
Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India
Level Contributor
18,063 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indira Gandhi International Airport - Delhi, India

As arriving with Luthuania and having domestic on Indigo so for sure its separate booking,its tight but doable if everything remains ideal still better would be to change domestic flight,then would be frequent flight to Chennai.

Try to get out of aircraft as early as possible,morning is very busy time at IGI so expect 45-60 minute or even more for immigration , baggage claim and custom and come out,Indigo flight for Chennai will operates from T2 which is just infront of T3,hardlt 5 minute walking from T3 with trolley.Also keep in mind that Check in/baggage drop for domestic flight closes 45 minute before schedule departure.

Mentioned in this post
Chennai
Chennai
Chennai District, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indira Gandhi International Airport - Delhi, India

International check out may take around 45-60 minutes.

if everything is okay, then it will be very easy for you to catch the domestic flight, even go for shopping inside the airport.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
594 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Indira Gandhi International Airport - Delhi, India

There are 5 or 6 international flights arriving between 5.40 am to 6.30am into Delhi. There a bunched scheduled arrivals of 4 flights at 5.40am as of today. So if that clears off before you reach immigration it would 30-45 min as @Rahul says to clear immigration.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Indira Gandhi International Airport - Delhi, India

Thanks for the information and I hope will finish the check out with in a hour or 90 mins. Thanks to @Mumbaiv0yager @AshishD @Rahul

Reply to: Indira Gandhi International Airport - Delhi, India
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;