We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning DEL airport arrival

Millbrae, California
Level Contributor
197 posts
17 reviews
Early morning DEL airport arrival

Hello,

I am travelling to New Delhi in January of 2019 and I arrive at the airport at approximately 4:00 am. Any suggestions on where to wait until I can check in to my hotel at 13:00?

Is there a luggage locker or lounge at the airport I can pay to access?

Thank you very much for any advice or suggestions you can provide?

10 replies to this topic
San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,105 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: Early morning DEL airport arrival

In all my years of travel (in India and elsewhere) I have never not encountered a hotel that won't hold my bags until I can check in. Ditto at check-out. If in doubt, email them and ask.

Millbrae, California
Level Contributor
197 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Early morning DEL airport arrival

Yes, but I’ve had bad experiences where luggage isn’t always stored securely and things go damaged or missing.

Also, is there anything open that early I can do? Any places open 24 hrs?

Thanks!

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
20,525 posts
394 reviews
3. Re: Early morning DEL airport arrival

There is a lounge at T3 arrival, https:/…

There is a cloak room at international airport (inside metro building) and New Delhi airport express station.Where is your hotel?If its situated somewhere near central Delhi then can use the one at New Delhi metro station.Qutub Minar,Humayuns tomb and Lodhi Garden opens from sunrise to Sunset,Gurudwara Bangla saheb can be visited,India gate can be visited any time.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 09:23
Gurgaon
Level Contributor
154 posts
101 reviews
4. Re: Early morning DEL airport arrival

Hi,

Wish to inform you that in January, there is a lot of fog in Delhi in the early morning, so please make sure that there is clear visibility before you step out of the airport. The fog condition might hamper any sightseeing plans at that time. It will be better if you book a hotel in the Aerocity near the airport, or a guest house in Gurgaon, which is also very near the airport, where you can check in on arrival, and later shift to your hotel in the city at the appointed time. Hope this helps you.

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Early morning DEL airport arrival

Hi SFOTraveler1113,

Welcome to the forum !!!

During January cold will be challenge for you and as you have more than 8 hours so we will suggest you to ask your hotel for early check Inn, I am sure they will provide you early check Inn and take some nominal charges from you.

Regards,

Jitender

GO MY JOURNEY

Millbrae, California
Level Contributor
197 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Early morning DEL airport arrival

Thank you everyone for your advice

7. Re: Early morning DEL airport arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2018, 21:07

Level Contributor
69 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Early morning DEL airport arrival

Check with your hotel they may have some early check in options. Else you can try travel lounges on the airport itself.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Early morning DEL airport arrival

There is a lounge at T3 arrival and

There is a cloak room at international airport (inside metro building) and New Delhi airport express station. After deposit your luggage, in the meantime you visit some interesting and important sites of Delhi such as Qutub Minar,Humayuns tomb, Gurudwara Bangla saheb, Lodhi Garden and India gate.

Regards

M_OEHAGRA

Edited: 17 July 2018, 01:03
Millbrae, California
Level Contributor
197 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Early morning DEL airport arrival

Thank you for the terrific suggestions

Reply to: Early morning DEL airport arrival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted