We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to New Delhi next week? (20 - 29th May)

Is it safe to travel to New Delhi next week? (20 - 29th May)

I am bringing a child of 3 years old to travel to New Delhi for medical purposes. i am concerned about the recent massive dust storm/ wind storm that happened in the northern India. May I know how is the situation in New Delhi and is it suitable for me to come during this period? Especially that I am bringing a 3 years old boy here. Is there any forecast of the dust storm?

7 replies to this topic
Vagamon, India
Level Contributor
446 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to New Delhi next week? (20 - 29th May)

It should be clear by then. There is no more prediction as of now . Yesterday it was predicted but there was no dust storm in Delhi

2. Re: Is it safe to travel to New Delhi next week? (20 - 29th May)

thank you so much for the information. =)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Is it safe to travel to New Delhi next week? (20 - 29th May)

It is clear now. it will get hotter during the mentioned time period. Completely safe here

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
212 reviews
4. Re: Is it safe to travel to New Delhi next week? (20 - 29th May)

Yes...

Enjoy your holiday.m.

Vagamon, India
Level Contributor
446 posts
127 reviews
5. Re: Is it safe to travel to New Delhi next week? (20 - 29th May)

Update: There was storm and rain yesterday and is predicted for today and may be two more days. Since rain is there it will not be dust storm and the predicted wind speeds are around 70 . Next week should be clear and hot

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
257 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Is it safe to travel to New Delhi next week? (20 - 29th May)

Hi celeste

it is very temporary phenomena which last for 20-40 minute and its effect are not permanent. In afternoon Temperarure reached at 40 then after dust storm it comes between 20 to 25 degree Celsius. This is first season of summer in last decade when this weird pattern of weather is surfacing.

There is no effect on domestic travelers hope international travelers also will not be effected

Edited: 17 May 2018, 14:21
7. Re: Is it safe to travel to New Delhi next week? (20 - 29th May)

Thanks for all the replies and updates, i have decided to come to New Delhi as per scheduled.

Reply to: Is it safe to travel to New Delhi next week? (20 - 29th May)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted